cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I change the milestones on My Contract?

Braxton B Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
1 of 6

Hello,

I have recently set up a contract with a freelancer, but I accidentally set the whole amount agreed upon to one milestone. How do I change this so that the dollar amount is split up over several milestones?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Braxton,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to edit milestones that's been funded. However, you will be able to edit the amount when releasing the first milestone. After you release a partial amount for the first milestone, you can use the remaining funds in Escrow to fund the next one and so on.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Vivek A Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
3 of 6

what if being a freelancer i want to update the future milestones? which are not yet funded.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Vivek,

It sounds like you're referring to Milestones which have been created for future tasks on an existing contract? Once a client creates a Milestone you as a freelancer can't edit it, regardless of its Escrow status.

Guy G Member Since: Feb 21, 2018
5 of 6
I wrongly funded a milestone (active) with 14250.00 instead of 142.50 can I change it or I need to ask the freelancer to decline it?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Guy,

At this moment you can continue with your freelancer and release less than what is funded. On the pre-established milestone, when you click the green "Pay Now" button, you'll be presented with the option of releasing a smaller amount and leaving the rest of the funds in escrow. After this, you can request a refund for the remaining funds. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS