🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How Can I send a message to client?
Page options
manatama
Community Member

How Can I send a message to client?

I didn’t notice that my proposal is accepted for 20 days ago. I misunderstood that my proposal was not accepted. I know I was very rude... so, I just want to apologize it. but i couldn’t figure out how can I do it. Can I contact to client?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mana, anytime a client contacts you, either to say that he has accepted your offer or for any other reason, you can see it in the "Messages" section.

Afterwards, you can contact the client as often as you llike (as long as he hasn't blocked you) BUT he may not see your message for a long time because he needs to be on the platform to see it. So don't be surprised if you don't get any reaction to your message.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

If client has accepted your proposal and you have got an interview with client, it will show in your messages section.
You can contact the client if you want!

Mana, anytime a client contacts you, either to say that he has accepted your offer or for any other reason, you can see it in the "Messages" section.

Afterwards, you can contact the client as often as you llike (as long as he hasn't blocked you) BUT he may not see your message for a long time because he needs to be on the platform to see it. So don't be surprised if you don't get any reaction to your message.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mana wrote:

I didn’t notice that my proposal is accepted for 20 days ago. I misunderstood that my proposal was not accepted. I know I was very rude... so, I just want to apologize it. but i couldn’t figure out how can I do it. Can I contact to client?  

In what way were you rude to the client? You can certainly use the same means of communication to apologize?

Martina P wrote:

In what way were you rude to the client? You can certainly use the same means of communication to apologize?

Martina, when a client doesn't take the time to answer your messages, don't you feel this is a bit rude (particularly if you need him to close a contract) ? Or maybe it's a cultural thing.

Personally, I totally understand Mana's point of view. 

Luce N wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Martina, when a client doesn't take the time to answer your messages, don't you feel this is a bit rude (particularly if you need him to close a contract) ? Or maybe it's a cultural thing.

Personally, I totally understand Mana's point of view. 

Ah! Now I understand! She was sent an offer and didn't reply. So I guess the offer is expired now and there is no way to contact the client. 

lysis10
Community Member

It's been 20 days. Even if you were rude, if they're not over it by now they really need to go outside. It's not your problem.

I disagree with you, Jennifer. You never know, the client might want to contact this freelancer again in order to offer a similar job. 

Luce N wrote:

I disagree with you, Jennifer. You never know, the client might want to contact this freelancer again in order to offer a similar job. 

Sure and the ball is in their court. It's been 20 days. Who cares at this point. The damage is done already. She can't take back what was done and with so many freelancers to choose from, the client isn't going to bother with some lunatic that went off over a simple declined or ignored proposal. That's the sign to avoid her anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths