🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How Do I Connect With the Professionals If I ...
Page options
albree2017
Community Member

How Do I Connect With the Professionals If I Want to Hire One

How do I connect with the Professionals to hire them?  I saw a resume of interest but I was unable to locate a process to connect?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

After you create your job posting, you can go to any freelancer's page and click on the "Invite" or "Hire" button. I suggest using the "Invite" button if you don't know the person yet and haven't discussed hiring plans yet.

Clicking the "Invite" button will give the freelancer an opportunity to talk to you about your project. It does NOT commit you to anything at all. It's just a chance to begin a conversation.

JoanneP

Hi Bree,

I also checked your account and it looks like you have signed up for a freelancer account. To be able to hire freelancers, you will need to have a client account. You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account. You can just switch between them if you need to. To create a client account, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

Here's the help article for more information.  Once you have an account, please follow the information that Preston shared with you so that you can start hiring. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths