🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How Do I find My First Client
Page options
mthomas03
Community Member

How Do I find My First Client

HI!  

I am new to Upwork and I have been working my profile and job search daily.  I still have not landed my first client.  I have a great background but I dont have any history on Upwork and I am afraid that is keeping anyone from hiring me.  It is really hard as an accountant to make a 'pretty' profile.  
I would love some feedback on my profile and any suggestions on landing that first client.   I have already read all the blog posts from Upworks on how to beef up my profile and land clients so I am looking for practical advice from accountants 🙂
Thank you!
Michelle

https://www.upwork.com/fl/michellethomas45

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Michelle:

It doesn't look like you have a portfolio.

You really should create some portfolio pieces that demonstate the type of work you can do.

(Remember: your portfolio pieces do not need to be work that you were paid to do and they don't need to be the result of Upwork contracts. They don't need to contain "real" data, if you are concerned about client confidentiality because you do accounting and bookkeeping.)

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Search for UW freelancers with skills and credentials comparable to your own, find the ones who seem to be thriving here, and study their profiles and portfolios.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths