🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How Do I log hours from last week?
Page options
mauriceivy
Community Member

How Do I log hours from last week?

Ok, I didn't know about the desktop app.  I did the work last week for 2 hours.  The client know this.  There's no disputing this.  I just couldn't figure out how to log my hours.  Should be simpler that this.  How do I log my hours from last week?  Because I already submitted results, the client paused the job.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Maurice I wrote:

Ok, I didn't know about the desktop app.  I did the work last week for 2 hours.  The client know this.  There's no disputing this.  I just couldn't figure out how to log my hours.  Should be simpler that this.  How do I log my hours from last week?  Because I already submitted results, the client paused the job.

In short: Unless the client unpauses the job, you can not log any hours. You can't log hours for last week anyway,that ship has sailed. Clients are charged for the previous week's hours on Mondays.

The client can pay you as a bonus, or unpause the contract.

If the client does neither, you learned a valuable lesson about finding out how something works before jumping in head first, not afterwards,

0405e25a
Community Member

I'm sorry, but your comment, "If the client does neither, you learned a valuable lesson about finding out how something works before jumping in head first, not afterwards," is total BS and merely rude.

A system for logging hours should not be this complicated. Ever since I've joined this Upwork thing, being that I am new to contracting roles on a platform like this, figuring out how to navigate and where to go or what to sign up to has been extremely difficult!

I had held a contracting role before where I joined a company, went to their office, and someone from my HR team at the contracting company walked me through logging hours. Which might I add was VERY simple, unlike using Upwork. It was a fact of logging into a website, they had the dates already lined up in a column, and all you had to do was enter in the number of hours worked per day and bingo, done!

Especially being brand new to the platform, we should have the ability to go back to our first week (which was last week for me) and get those hours logged. I worked 12 hours last, and according to your statement, I am not going to get paid??? 

If so, then this Upwork platform is for the birds! If there is a way to fix it, then I'd like to know ASAP!

mthornton-cpc
Community Member

An alternative to a bonus payment is to enter manual hours for the time worked last week on this week's time log. Of course, the client still needs to unpause the contract and have manual time entry allowed first. But, this method saves the client from having to take the extra steps of paying the bonus. Of couse, when you enter manual hours they cannot conflict with any other hours worked, so enter them for the wee hours of the morning or a time you weren't working if there's a conflilct. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths