🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How I can Add testimonials in my Upwork p...
Page options
haidermalik97
Community Member

How I can Add testimonials in my Upwork profile?

I want to add testimonials in my Upwork profile. I couldn't find any option to add testimonials in my Upwork profile. Can you people help me how can I add testimonials in my Upwork profile? Please help me in this regard. 

Thanks in advance.

23 REPLIES 23
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haider, 

I want to clarify that the testimonials that you see in a freelancer's Work History are testimonials or feedback from the clients a freelancer worked with through Upwork. If you have testimonials from your previous clients outside of Upwork, you can add these to your profile overview. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0cac9778
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I checked a few posts and got to know that only new profiles on upwork will be able to add testimonials. But I also have a new profile but I can't see any option to add a testimonial. May I know why I can't see it?
Is it because my profile is created before this feature was made avaialble or there is some other reason?
I could really use some testimonials from non-upwork clients to boost my profile and win projects.

Hi Vinay, and welcome to Upwork.

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to be able to add testimonials directly to the 'Work History and feedback' section of your profile. You cannot make manual entries to this section. Only clients you have completed projects for through Upwork are eligible to submit reviews there. However, as Avery mentions above, you can transcribe the testimonials you want to include directly into the 'Overview' section of your profile, along with any related information you wish to include about author and date. Hope this helps and I wish you well!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinay and Mark, 

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. 

If you are not part of the test, you can add your testimonial in your profile overview. 

~ Avery
Upwork
roger0106
Community Member

Hi, I have been here in Upwork for nearly 3 years now and I have few happy Australian clients I've work with in the past outside Upwork. I have their work references that they are happy with my services before but it would be helpful if I could also invite them to leave testimonials on my profile. The problem is I couldn't see any section for request testimonials. Is this feature not available for anyone in Upwork?

Hi Krizzia,

This feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. 

If you are not part of the test, you can add your testimonial in your profile overview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

I have a few questions about this topic. Because this is a critical feature that Upwork added on its system. We all know that this industry is very competitive, and freelancers do whatever makes their profile salable to clients. And before this test concludes, I know that this feature will help boost the engagement rate of the freelancers.

The following questions are:

When will this be available to other freelancers?

What are the quality of freelancers that have been chosen for this "Test"? Or is this only available for "Top-Rated" freelancers?

Do we have an option to send a request for us to enable it on our profile?

Thanks,

Lemuel

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lemuel Jade Kennet,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. 

We've seen that some freelancers used their profile overview or portfolio section to include reviews and testimonials. You could do that, but make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Did you even read my reply to Goran V? Because it sounds like your reply is automated. It does not answer any of my questions at all.

Thanks,
Lemuel

Hi Lemuel,

It looks like Upwork is slowly applying this feature to their members. I received an email now and upon checking my profile, it really does show that I can now start inviting my clients from outside of upwork to give a testimonial for me. 

Perhaps we only need to wait to receive that email notification from Upwork and that's where we can start participating the feature as well.

Hope this helps! 😊

Hi, 

Can you please elaborate the term "Freelancers included in the Test"

Thanks,

Fouziya

Hi Bandi,

Freelancers included in the test means that this feature isn’t available to everyone. Only the freelancers that are included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Bandi,

It looks like Upwork is slowly applying this feature to their members. I received an email now and upon checking my profile, it really does show that I can now start inviting my clients from outside of upwork to give a testimonial for me. 

Perhaps we only need to wait to receive that email notification from Upwork and that's where we can start participating the feature as well.

Hope this helps! 😊

Hi, how exactly can you add a testimonial in the overview section?  

how we increase client base

Hi Punit,

I checked, and it looks like you have recently submitted your profile for review. I'm happy to let you know that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. You might want to check out the following links to help you improve your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, Avery O., 

"freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients."

As I'm also part of this testing phase. The Testimonial Performa requires LinkedIn profile links of the clients/Manager etc.

Whereas I just have the "Work Experience Letters", from the Orgs., I've worked with. Even if I contact the company, the management is not the same as of my time. Because it has been a long while.

~Maqbool~

Where and how exactly do I add testimonials?

Hi Mike,

You'll find the Testimonial section on your profile here. To request a Testimonial simply click on "Request a Testimonial" or on the "+" button and fill out the form.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
2e9402bf
Community Member

Hi

I mistakenly submitted the testimonial request, I want to cancel. How can I do so?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5578ca61
Community Member

Hello.
Let's say I made a testimonial request from my client outside of Upwork.
He sent it.
I received a notification, but the notification says that the testimonial has not been moderated.
For what reason did this happen?

Hi Dmitrii,

To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. I'll have one of the team members review your case and assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team here once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths