Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I win job?

mwaqassumra012
Waqas S Member Since: Mar 8, 2020
1 of 29

Hello everyone.

I hope you all will be fine in a difficult time. I need your help to get to win the job. I create an Upwork profile at the start of 2020 and provide writing and proofreading service. Before this, I write 400+ articles for local writing agencies in the last 4 years so, I have much experience.

Still, I applied on 100+ jobs but only win 4 jobs in starting days. Kindly anyone guides me on what I should be doing best for winning the job.

I am trying every time to get knowledge on any platform but still no success.

I hope the Upwork community will help me and review my profile description.

Thank you

robin_hyman
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
BEST ANSWER
2 of 29

Professional content writers should not have any grammatical errors on their profile. I noticed a few on yours - even within the first paragraph! 

My advice:

* Rewrite your profile so there are NO grammatical errors

* Customize every proposal to the job post and without grammatical errors

Keep trying. There are loads of clients looking for $5 an hour content writers. I wouldn't want to work with any of them, but they're out there...

View solution in original post

mwaqassumra012
3 of 29

Thank you

385a09d7
Santosh B Member Since: Dec 20, 2020
4 of 29

Hello
I'm santosh **Edited for Community Guidelines**, my concern is not able to win a single job I pend lot of connect so, can you help over this

Your sincerely
Santosh **Edited for Community Guidelines**

385a09d7
Santosh B Member Since: Dec 20, 2020
5 of 29
Hii,
I'm New in upwork I am struggling like any for winning a single job
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 29

Hi Santosh,

I suggest checking out this Community thread to help you get started along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, setting your rates, negotiating with clients, enhancing your profile, and so on.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anne_45223
Anna K Member Since: Apr 21, 2021
7 of 29
How can I win the job
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 29
martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
9 of 29

I don't want to sound harsh, but I tried to read your portfolio example, and I could not make any sense of it. I get that it is about some glasses or something when you work on a computer all day, but the words don't make sense. You can't write or proofread in English, and if a client ever has your work checked by an English native, your feedback will be brutal. 

If you want to find success on upwork, write in your native language and stay away from English. 

mwaqassumra012
10 of 29

Thank you, Martina

You tried to point out my mistakes.

I trying most of the time even I am changing my portfolio every week but cannot get significant results.

Can you help me to make a strong portfolio of writing and proofreading?

Then maybe I will succeed to win job.

I am waiting for your kind response.

Thank you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS