🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I advertise to license my invention?
Page options
gurutuyu
Community Member

How can I advertise to license my invention?

How can I advertise to license my invention?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How can I advertise to license my invention?"

There are thousands of excellent marketing experts available for you to hire on Upwork. These include people with all types of levels of experience and expertise.

All you need to do is post a description of what type of advertising you want to do, and you will be able to hire people who can help you. Post your job description here:

https://www.upwork.com

JoanneP

Hi Jeff,

If you're looking to hire a freelancer, you will need to first create a client account. I checked this account that you used to post in the community, and it seems like this is a freelancer account. You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed. You can learn more in this help article.

Once you have a client account, you can post a job and hire a freelancer to complete the task you mentioned. Please post a job as explained in here, verify your payment method, review the proposals you receive, hire a freelancer to complete this work for you and process the payment as explained in these two articles: Hourly Contracts and Fixed-Price Contract.  I'd also strongly advise you to review the client resources we created made available here. You might also want to check out this blog to learn more about the fees to get a project done. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gurutuyu
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not looking for a freelancer, am I? I
want someone to build and market my invention as in "I want to license my
invention to someone". I don't want to hire anyone. I don't have a
project to get done. I want to sell my invention one sale at a time. They
build it and market it and send me money with every sale. That's called
licensing. Can I do that thru Upwork?

No.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff, 

I'm not sure that Upwork is the right place for you. Upwork is an online marketplace for freelancers and clients to work together on projects. I'm sharing here some articles on more info on what we do for freelancers looking to find projects online, and for business owners who are looking to hire freelancers. Hopefully, both these articles give you an idea of how Upwork works. 

~ Avery
Upwork

re: "I don't want to hire anyone. I don't have a
project to get done. I want to sell my invention one sale at a time. They
build it and market it and send me money with every sale. That's called
licensing. Can I do that thru Upwork?"

What do you mean when you say you "don't want to hire anyone"?

I thought your goal was to make money.

How do you plan to do that unless you:

a) know how to do the building, licensing and marketing yourself?
[or]
b) hire people who know how to do these things?

If you are even the tiniest bit serious about this, shouldn't you at least hire some people to consult with you about what you need to do next?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths