🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I change my location to Canada?
Page options
miltechhaseeb
Community Member

How can I change my location to Canada?

Hello Experts,

I want to know how can I change my profile location to Canada or the US to get country-specific projects.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to clarify that for tax purposes, it’s important that you use your real, permanent address. Also, when using Upwork, you should be logged in from the country listed on your account. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sofia2008
Community Member

Where do you actually live?

He lives in Pakistan. He thinks that he can randomly change his location to whatever country and get considered for country-specific jobs.

To Original Poster: Your location on Upwork must be your actual location (the location you're currently in), if it's not your actual location, then it will be considered a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

No Shushant, I am aware that changing the location using VPN would not help me change the location.

Well, Adding more to the question; Should I consider re-locating myself, or can I use the bank information of my friend living in Canada to change location?

Which way is legit?

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to clarify that for tax purposes, it’s important that you use your real, permanent address. Also, when using Upwork, you should be logged in from the country listed on your account. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

You can relocate anywhere you please if you have the permit to work there. Happy travels!

Bank information have to be in your name, and with your real address.

There is no workaround. You cannot misrepresent yourself.

I knew that! Just wanted to see where it would lead.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths