🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I create a portfolio project outside ...
Page options
660be5c6
Community Member

How can I create a portfolio project outside of my stated specialty?

Hi,

I am a multidisciplinary 3D designer. I primarily do architectural work which consists mostly of hospitality design (which for some odd reason isn't s skill that pops up even though hospitality design is a VERY common design specialty) and commercial interiors. But I also do industrial design and product design for residential furniture and workplace furniture and accessories. I would like to show some of my industrial design work along side with my architectural design work, but the portfolio template only allows me to show architectural skills related to the portfolio project I am trying to post. For instance, I would like to post a portfolio project for a bar cart I designed. I am able to upload images just fine. But then when I want to tag related skills, I only gett architectural skills to choose from? I will need to post both architectural AND industrial design work to my portfolio. How am I able to do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi David,

You can create up to two Specialized Profiles. You may want to consider adding a Specialized Profile for Industrial Design, you’ll be able to create a unique title and description, have the option to set another rate, and also be able to show only the Upwork contracts and portfolio items that are most relevant to that particular expertise. When adding a Portfolio item, you'll have the option to select the Specialized Profile you want it to be related to.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi David,

You can create up to two Specialized Profiles. You may want to consider adding a Specialized Profile for Industrial Design, you’ll be able to create a unique title and description, have the option to set another rate, and also be able to show only the Upwork contracts and portfolio items that are most relevant to that particular expertise. When adding a Portfolio item, you'll have the option to select the Specialized Profile you want it to be related to.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
660be5c6
Community Member

This looks like a good solution. But will people who find me as either and architectural designer or an industrial designer be able to see that I have two specialties? In other words, will people be able to see I work in bothe fields, and I have combined skills in both of those specialties? Some of the people I have worked for in the past were looking for both an architectural designer and furniture designer.

Hi David,

Yes, your clients can see that you have other skills. Your profile will contain an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile (similar to how you switch between versions when editing your profile).

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths