🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I get 1st project in Upwork ?
Page options
825211f9
Community Member

How can I get 1st project in Upwork ?

I am new to Upwork. I was Applying for 5-6 projects But Couldn't get any response. Kindly give me some advice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Suggestion: Don't bid super low.

Clients you'll encounter will be the worst type of clients (people who expect stellar work for almost no payment and expect infinite revisions for no additional payment).

Your profile will end up looking bit off (why would a serous client hire a freelancer who provides expensive work for "$5").

Working "for 5 stars and good feedback" is never a good idea.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
911eab8d
Community Member

I'm going through this myself. With these service marketplaces, clients are weary of sellers with no ratingsbut you can't get ratings without clients. My strategy right now is to continue bidding super low in hopes that someone will take a chance on me. Open to suggestions, though!

Suggestion: Don't bid super low.

Clients you'll encounter will be the worst type of clients (people who expect stellar work for almost no payment and expect infinite revisions for no additional payment).

Your profile will end up looking bit off (why would a serous client hire a freelancer who provides expensive work for "$5").

Working "for 5 stars and good feedback" is never a good idea.

ArjayM

Hi Md and Thomas,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article. I hope this helps. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths