🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I get a job?
Page options
bf789575
Community Member

How can I get a job?

I have joined upwork for job and i applied many jobs but no response. I did not get a job. How can

I get a job please guide me.

3 REPLIES 3
yigitozdamar
Community Member

Dear Ali,

First job is always the hardest because no one knows you in Upwork yet. However, I'm sure you will do a great job once you get it!

Here is what you can do;

1) Revisit your profile and fix typos

2) Share more details about your skill-set

3) Try to get testimonials from your previous clients from outside (see https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002004322-Testimonials)

4) Stay away from generic proposals. read carefully the job descriptions and write a catchy proposal.

Best of luck!

williamtcooper
Community Member

Ali,

Follow these basic job applying TIPS:

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

f31685a2
Community Member

I'd say #1 is DON'T GIVE UP!

Keep applying and someone will give you a shot! You only need 1 person and that can get you going. I do agree with Yigit as well, you need to fix the grammar. Get straight to the point, what are you good at? How can you helps others? What do you WANT to do? Of course, everything goes back to #1 until then, have some patience and don't give up!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths