🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I get free connects for first job
Page options
jadaabhilash
Community Member

How can I get free connects for first job

This is Abhilash Jada. I'm new to upwork. But I have 12 years of experience in the graphic designing work. According to the rules of upwork policy minimum payment for connects is $1.5. I understood. But I don't have money to pay for connects... Is there any possibility to pay after my completion of the first job work. It's my humble request to you.... We are the new beginners to upwork. Once my first job was completed you can deduct the amount from my account. From the second job onwards you can deduct or ask amount for connects . But before getting the first job in upwork your valuable support is very needful to me and first or beginners. Please think about it. Upwork company is very strongest supportive to freelancers. You're the best and big hands to lift up unemployment to great freelancers. Once anybody starting the career they need some concerns.... We are coming to stand on our feet through the support or your company. Please excuse new or beginners. Thank you
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am very thankful to the respected one who are responded and supported me in my horrible situation. I am glad to thank and announcing I got a mail from **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Once again I am very thankful to the upwork company and the valueble community members... I hope In the upwork company my professional career is going end of the world.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jr-translation
Community Member

When you signed up to Upwork you received 20 connects, in theory enough for 20 jobs.

Thank you for responding respected one... But I don't receive anything... Please check file attached of my screen shots thank you

Abhi L wrote:
Thank you for responding respected one... But I don't receive anything... Please check file attached of my screen shots thank you

Your account is not new, from 2013? I can be confused ...
Only new freelancers receive 20 connects to get started.

Oh God ! I was created my permanent email address in 2013. On that time I was tried to register in upwork company but on that time I got the answer "YOUR REGISTRATION FAILED". Since 2013 to present so many I was thought to create another one but due to my work schedule I didn't registered. 2 days I was I was updated my profile and my portfolio and apply for jobs and everything. In my notice my registration was fail on 2013. But you are saying it is active since 2013. It's not in my notice.. is there any chance to get connects... Please give me the way... If There is no option to get connects... I have only 2 choice... Once I request another to pay for my first connects or close my account and get back to home.... Thank you

Hi Abhi,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am very thankful to the respected one who are responded and supported me in my horrible situation. I am glad to thank and announcing I got a mail from **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Once again I am very thankful to the upwork company and the valueble community members... I hope In the upwork company my professional career is going end of the world.

what will happen if the connects are all used up.will we get it for free of cost.

Hi Akhil, 

Please know that we moved to the paid connects system last May 2019. As such, freelancers on the Freelancer Basic Plan will not receive free Connects anymore. Connects need to be purchased and are sold in the following bundles: 10 for $1.50, 20 for $3, 40 for $6, 60 for $9, 80 for $12.

Purchasing connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Cute😍

I also have the same problem. I also need some connects. Can up-work lend me some of connects? Please.

Hi Md. Rakibul,

Upwork no longer offers free Connects. If you need more Connects to submit proposals, you can purchase them from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Your suggestion didn't work for me. Because the problem i mention was different. But Thanks to your suggestion. Love Upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths