🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I get job please give me instruct...
Page options
imran_web
Community Member

How can I get job please give me instructions

hi there this is Raihan and I'm new here how can I get my first Job please suggest me
Thank you so much

4 REPLIES 4
resultsassoc
Community Member

Your profile talks about your skills, not about how what you do benefits the client. For the most part "Full Stack" and "Wordpress expert" will appeal to IT types, who rarely have much of a budget. The business types have money to spend.

"I turn dull websites into attractive money magnets. I help you manage your Social Media presence with a view toward driving customers to your door. I also do custom programming for most business needs."

Most business people will understand that kind of benefit. Oh, and raise your rate. I would never hire you at $6/hour. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to disagree.

Good luck.

suzi-elton
Community Member

Start sending out proposals. If you're not working for a client, spend 8 hours a day sending out proposals until you do get some clients. It can take a lot of work to get that first job and first good review, but sending proposals is the way to go.

Set up some searches and search terms for exactly the kinds of jobs that fit you. Use those saved searches to look for jobs that match.

Save the jobs that match best for your work.

When you are not working with a client, go to your saved jobs and submit as many proposals as you can.

Treat sending proposals the same as a work day. For me, I'm either working 8 hours a day with clients or sending proposals for 8 hours a day...during the work week.

Good luck!

Suzi

I would advise the OP against sending 'as many proposals as you can', especially since he hasn't been able to get a single contract till now.

Send proposals only to the jobs that require skills that you definitely have. Send tailor-made proposals every single time. Read more about how to write good proposals. 

Applying to jobs indiscriminately without getting hired can lead to account suspension because Upwork takes it to mean that your skills are not wanted on the platform.

@Suzi E wrote:

Start sending out proposals. If you're not working for a client, spend 8 hours a day sending out proposals until you do get some clients. It can take a lot of work to get that first job and first good review, but sending proposals is the way to go.

Set up some searches and search terms for exactly the kinds of jobs that fit you. Use those saved searches to look for jobs that match.

Save the jobs that match best for your work.

When you are not working with a client, go to your saved jobs and submit as many proposals as you can.

Treat sending proposals the same as a work day. For me, I'm either working 8 hours a day with clients or sending proposals for 8 hours a day...during the work week.

Good luck!

Suzi

Not sure how your advice applies to upwork. A freelancer has 60 connects per billing cycle for free, plus an additional 10 in a paid membership. As most jobs cost 2 connects, that equals 1 proposal a day, that would hardly take 8 hours to write, or at least it shouldn't. 

I would not recommend spending all connects in a day either, if that's what you're suggesting. This could be considered spamming by the upwork algorithm, plus the freelancer can't apply to any more jobs for the rest of the month. 

My suggestion: improve your profile, never display below average results from your tests, select carefully which jobs you apply to, and lastly, be aware that your competition is huge and that you must really stand out to win a job. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths