🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I know if I've been hired?
Page options
andrea-militano
Community Member

How can I know if I've been hired?

Hi guys,

I'm new to Upwork. I'm chatting with a member I think accepted my proposal. Now how can I know if he actually hired me? Should I receive a notification? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm really new here and I don't know so good how it works yet.

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrea,

Your client needs to send you an offer and once you have accepted it a contract will be formed and listed under the My Jobs tab.
I would also suggest to check out this thread and learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Also, Upwork will send you notice when you have been hired by a new client.

Read the client's "offer" carefully and only "accept" it if it is acceptable to you. If you want some detail - a milestone's date, the pricing, etc. - changed, let the client know and work through the Upwork system to get the offer where you want it to be.

Great advice

mtngigi
Community Member

@Andrea M wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new to Upwork. I'm chatting with a member I think accepted my proposal. Now how can I know if he actually hired me? Should I receive a notification? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm really new here and I don't know so good how it works yet.

Since you're new, and "don't know so good", perhaps you should read all the available help articles first, to learn how it works. It's not a good idea to jump in and start bidding until you educate yourself.

Did your potential client contact you first and ask for a proposal?

Or did you find this particular job and have already submittted a proposal
on it?

a7e3b4e5
Community Member

Hello,

I am also new for upwork and I am web developer. How can I get offer for the first time?

Sincerely

Solomon G wrote:
Hello,

I am also new for upwork and I am web developer. How can I get offer for the first time?

Sincerely

I wouldn't start applying to jobs before your profile is perfect, for example, you lack a portfolio. There are a lot of helpful articles, and since you found the forum, search that too. If you are serious about this at all, I recommend you research other people in your field and learn from how they present. No copy/pasting or stealing anything, obviously. But before you start, you need to know your competition. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths