cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I know if I've been hired?

Andrea M Member Since: Dec 24, 2018
1 of 5

Hi guys,

I'm new to Upwork. I'm chatting with a member I think accepted my proposal. Now how can I know if he actually hired me? Should I receive a notification? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm really new here and I don't know so good how it works yet.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Andrea,

Your client needs to send you an offer and once you have accepted it a contract will be formed and listed under the My Jobs tab.
I would also suggest to check out this thread and learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
3 of 5

Also, Upwork will send you notice when you have been hired by a new client.

Read the client's "offer" carefully and only "accept" it if it is acceptable to you. If you want some detail - a milestone's date, the pricing, etc. - changed, let the client know and work through the Upwork system to get the offer where you want it to be.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 5

@Andrea M wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new to Upwork. I'm chatting with a member I think accepted my proposal. Now how can I know if he actually hired me? Should I receive a notification? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but I'm really new here and I don't know so good how it works yet.

Since you're new, and "don't know so good", perhaps you should read all the available help articles first, to learn how it works. It's not a good idea to jump in and start bidding until you educate yourself.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
5 of 5
Did your potential client contact you first and ask for a proposal?

Or did you find this particular job and have already submittted a proposal
on it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS