🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Approval Issue
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

583 REPLIES 583
63b1d4e1
Community Member

I'm SEO Content Writer. Despite my attempts, Upwork does not Approve my account. Could you please help me?

Hi Hifza,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
63b1d4e1
Community Member

Thank you for your response Luiggi. Can you please tell me when I'd be verified? Because I'm not getting any option of identity verification in the setting. Thanks!

Hi Hifza,

I'd like to clarify that your account is in fact accepted, but it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
63b1d4e1
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, 

Thank you much for your help. Everything is clear now!

9e05b098
Community Member

Hi, I submitted my profile for review but I didn't recieve email confirmation of whether or not my profile is approved. Also when I log in to my account, it shows me a notification of "Congratulations! You're now part of Upwork!" does t that mean I'm in?

Hi Sliman,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9e05b098
Community Member

Thank you Nikola

5510af19
Community Member

First of all you should check that did you got any connects ?If got then its approved otherwise Upwork will inform you that whats wrong with your profile.

514812d8
Community Member

Hello Community!

I just submitted my profile. How would I know when I can start working? Is it approved? If not, will there be any approval process notification?

Hi Ali,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Additionally, feel free to check the articles Mike shared in the post here to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d73c050
Community Member

Hello, May i know my account is approved no or not as i didnt got any confirmation mail

Hi Aliyu, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how to get started on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
88d02d51
Community Member

can you please check my account is verified or not? As i didn't receive any mail.

Hi Riya! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
140de816
Community Member

Hi Mate,

I am Aman Ansar professionally Web Developer and SEO Expert. I tried a lot but Upwork does not Approve my Account. Please HELP me If you have any suggestion.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
smarquezg
Community Member

Hi,

I'm curious even If my profile is not approved. Would I still be able to make a Direct Contract with a client of mine through the platform?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Stevenson,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
140de816
Community Member

Hi Mate,

I am Aman Ansar professionally Web Developer and SEO Expert. I tried a lot but Upwork does not Approve my Account. Please HELP me If you have any suggestion. Please Approve my Account i have to start my work.

Hi Muhammad,

~ Nikola
Upwork
c9e13911
Community Member

Good Day! Hi there, How would I know if my profile has already been approved? It's more than 24 hours now since I've submitted it but haven't received any e-mail yet. Thank you in advance for the help. Best regards, Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I'm happy to confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d8133fe7
Community Member

I'm not sure if my profile is already approved.

After submitting my account I saw this banner on my page saying "Congratulations! You are no part of Upwork!" and was able to get 50 connects. Does that mean my profile is already approved? 

I did not receive an email after 48hrs. I tried to send a proposal and I was able to send one.

I'm not sure if my profile is already approved.

After submitting my account I saw this banner on my page saying "Congratulations! You are no part of Upwork!" and was able to get 50 Connects. Does that mean my profile is already approved? 

I did not receive an email after 48hrs. I tried to send a proposal and I was able to send one.

Hi Ronalyn,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Wish you the best of luck.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85ebcde8
Community Member

Hello,

How do I know my profile is approved?

Hi Feliz,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! We’re so happy you’ve chosen to make Upwork your home for work, and we’re thrilled to have you.

Once your application to join Upwork has been accepted you can log in and submit proposals for jobs right away. Our team will reach out to you if there's any verification needed. We wish you the best of luck.

You can check this help article to get started with Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
45f94eec
Community Member

I have created my account yesterday only. Still I'm not able to know that it's approved or not?

Hi Ankit! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
45f94eec
Community Member

Thank you Andrea for providing the assistance required to me regarding the account confirmation...

asad_momina
Community Member

Hi,

I created my upwork account on 9th May. I understand that the profile review process takes around 24 hours but it has been around 4 days now and it still says that my profile is under review. Is there a way to check what's the hold up? Or anything that I can do from my side to expedite the process?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Momina Asad

Hi Momina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

I have checked your account and I highly suggest you update your profile picture. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.

~ Arjay
Upwork
19d5a0dc
Community Member

How can I know once  my Account is Approved or not ?

Hi Mohammad,

I have checked your account and it looks like you still need to complete your ID verification. You can go ahead and start by clicking "Get started" upon logging in to your account. Please check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
00427a64
Community Member

Hello, I have added paypal information it still says inactive after 3 days, also after adding information on identity verification it still says pending and it is way more than 1 business day. Please check.

Hi Rusudan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been approved and your payment method is already active. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
1082d629
Community Member

Hello, please I did ID verification on my Upwork account since Sunday, but till now the account is under review, please I want my account to be verified.

Hi Bankie,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
6da2bd04
Community Member

I am new to upwork and i am from india. For identity verification, I uploaded govt. id (AADHAR card) and took selfie. They say that verification takes 1-2 business days however mine is pending from 3 days. I am even ready to upload new documents if there is some error but they are not notifying the error alsi if there is any

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths