🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » i signed up for my upwork profile review
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Member

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

585 REPLIES 585
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Parth,

I'm sorry for the delay. I  followed up with our team about your account status. Please allow another 24 hours for them to review. If the status remains the same, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
denuwan_str
Community Member

Hi,

How can I know that my profile is approved and I cannot see my identity verification tab as usual in given instructions. What can I do?

I am new to Upworks but this account created long time back.

Thank you.

Regards,

Denuwan G.

Hi Denuwan! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
berniceotu
Community Member

Hello,

Please my account was not approved initially, then I updated my skills and resubmitted my profile for approval. I saw it is supposed to take 24 hrs for me to get feedback but it's almost 48 hrs yet no feedback from Upwork. I would like to know if my account has been approved and when I would be eligible for ID verification.

Thanks.

Hi Maha,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started. It doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
chauhan_vikash
Community Member

Hi,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Thanks,

vikash

Hi Vikash,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
4f00bb79
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification 3 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Senya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
huria-siddiqui
Community Member

Hi Huria,

You will get a notification over email when it will be approved. Thanks!

- Raju

Hi Huria,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

~ AJ
Upwork
f74077b8
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and I submitted my profile for approval over 30 hours ago, but I haven't received any confirmation email of whether my account has been accepted or rejected.

I'd like to know my approval status.

Thank you.

Hi Ifeoluwa,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
15c9355e
Community Member

Dears,

I wanted to know if my account is approved or not. I did not receive any notification or alert indicating that my profile had been approved.

Regards.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dawood,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved!

~ AJ
Upwork
43acf544
Community Member

I created an account with Upwork but have received odd error messages. Is my account account approved?

My tax residence on the Tax Information paged has been added as well as well as the Cntact Information.

Error message: In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information here.

Clicking here leads me back to the Tax Information page, which has been filled out.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Melanie,

As for the error message, I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the same issue. Please try clearing your cache and browsing history and let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
640c60c3
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team 

As a new member to your freelancing platform, I created my account here just recently and submitted my profile for review. I am well aware that an account is usuually approved within 24 Hrs however it has been almost 2 days and my profile is still under review and I cannot send proposals to potential clents. I am an aspiring writer and I have been working with other freelancing platforms in the past who have all provided excellent and timely customer service to me, so I hope my experience here is the same. I would really appreciate it if someone coud take a look at this and finish the review process for my profile as soon as possible.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sikandar,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding your verification. I just checked and your profile has been approved already. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved!

~ AJ
Upwork
18a91b81
Community Member

I did not receive any email after submitting my profile. Is there a way to know if the profile is accepted?

Hi Kashif,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a3d707d1
Community Member

Hey,

I submitted my profile 5 days ago and I still haven't got information if the profile is accepted or not.

Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks,

- Stefan

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
s_verbovska
Community Member

Hi everybody. I registered for upwork a long time ago, but my profile was not accepted. Now I decided to update my profile and submit again. But I still haven't received any messages about whether my profile has been approved by Upwork. What should I do? Can I start looking for the first order or do I need to wait for some messages from upwork

Hi Solomiia,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
60a8d836
Community Member

Hi Jamal,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b092c1ca
Community Member

i completed new to upwork learning paths and i submited my upwork profile for review but i didn't got any reaction 

Hi Muniba,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Additionally, feel free to check the articles Mike shared in the post here to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6df3e38c
Community Member

Hi Zeeshan,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8d477b40
Community Member

How can I find out if my Upwork account is now fully approved/authorised?! 

I added my payment billing method - Paypal (account) when I signed up and now I was interested in upgrading to plus package. But someone wiser (kudos to Petra R) suggested that perhaps wait till your account is apporved - while this is most sensible, but I cannot find out how I can get this information. My account seems to be functioning for couple of weeks now, I am submitting proposals and all etc. 

Notes - I am a non-US user and reside in Pakistan. 

Did i miss anything, I will be happy to share more info if you can help me, is there anyother account authorisations proofs or documentation that is needed!!! 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Regards

Gulraiz Raza

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gulraiz,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. An indication that your profile was approved was you were able to submit proposals.

You may now upgrade to plus. To purchase this:

1. Go to Settings › Memberships & Connects
  2. Select View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Choose the Upgrade button on the Plus plan

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear AJ,

Thank you for confirming. 

ac27c645
Community Member

Hi there, I need to know if my Upwork account is Approved or Active and ready to submit proposal?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Charito,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ AJ
Upwork
cb22a352
Community Member

Hello! My upwork account is not activated and it's been sometime now. I'm just frustrated because I'm finding jobs that I'm qualified for but unable to submit a proposal. Feedback would be appreciated.

Hi Maridonna,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cb22a352
Community Member

Hello Nikola, Thank you for replying, unfortunately my account still has the banner saying that my account is being reviewed and I'm unable to select the proposal button. Assistance appreciated.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths