🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why hasn’t my account been approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

577 REPLIES 577

Hi Edgar! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
96fcc2bc
Community Member

I would like to know if my profile has been approved....?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
3c5b2016
Community Member

Hi Joanne

My id verification takes too much time I have uploaded my nic and my id is still not approved. Can you please inform me about the issue?

Thank you

Hi Ahmer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your verification was successful. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much but can you tell me when will I have a blue tick on my profile?

Hi Ahmer,

Thank you for following up. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
davidonyekachi1
Community Member

Hi Upwok

Please kindly approve my profile, i have done all the necessary updating

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
f85e3293
Community Member

hey ,

my ID verification process is taking too long,Please Help me?

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that the verification was successful. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork

thanks mam for rectifiying my issue

ee903635
Community Member

hello guys, I do not know what the matter is, could you please review my profile faster?

Hi Artem,

I can confirm that you're now part of Upwork! You can now submit eye-catching proposals. Feel free to check the resources in this post to help you get started. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee903635
Community Member

Well, the site still does state, that approval is needed, the resources on the link are archived. thank you for the response, but the issue is still unsolved, the timeline for profile-review was stated as 24h, but it takes more than that.... would it help if I add some projects from my Github to the account?

88090e51
Community Member

Is My Profile is Approved?

Hi Badar,

~ AJ
Upwork
bc4517f5
Community Member

How long does it take for my profile approval?

vagera
Community Member

Hello Hana.

I usually takes a lot of time, depending on what you already did, to approve it. E.g. send you government ID, talk with a guy from Upwork, ect.

Mine took about a week, but it might take as low as 2 days, I think. But it's worth the waiting, you can be sure 

Hi Hana! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
13e3ffb5
Community Member

Hi Upwork.

Your guidelines say that it takes 24 hours for an account to be approved but I haven't heard back or received any status report concerning my account. Could you help me review my account?

Thank you.

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Sir Please my Profile Check.

Hi M Siddiq,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your profile and can confirm your profile is already approved.

~ AJ
Upwork
cbccec3d
Community Member

Please how do I know my profile has been approved?

505d7204
Community Member

Hi

My name is Muhammad Kashif. I am Search Engine Optimization Expert. I have providing On-Page and Off-Page services. I have experience in SEO and am a professional experienced On-Page and Off-Page.I've been working in this industry for the past five years and and I have friendly communication skills and a unique, modern, attractive Technical SEO services.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved!

~ AJ
Upwork
0b38b55f
Community Member

How do I know when my profile is approved?  I set it up on Friday but it says "your profile is being reviewed."  Thank you.  

You will get an email.

0b38b55f
Community Member

Why has my account not been approved yet?  I completed my account over a week ago and it still will not let me apply to jobs.  Please help. 

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for your message. Firstly, we truly appreciate your interest in growing your career with Upwork. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f7c8de0f
Community Member

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. Since you're fairly new to the platform, I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you 🙏 

48235a2d
Community Member

Hi Rayyan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. Since you're fairly new to the platform, I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanx

48235a2d
Community Member

Thanx

hadiya96
Community Member

Hi, 

I submitted my profile for approval a few days ago, however, I have not received any notification or email from Upwork. Upwork has informed me of my other profile activities such as change in password and update in payment method through emails, but I am still waiting for an approval or disapproval notification. What should I do?

Hi Hadiya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that it has been approved. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths