🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: how to check if profile is approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

577 REPLIES 577

Great, thank you for the help. I have another issue. I try to update my address and the error is:

In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information here.
The W-9 is completely filled out. What is the problem?

Hi Melanie,

I can see that the team in charge of your concern already reached out to you via email with instructions on how to update your address. Feel free to communicate with our team through that email or this support ticket if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm still wating for my profile to be reviewed since last week. Still can't send proposals, i'll be very grateful if you can help me Mike

Hi Kevin,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
332b0997
Community Member

Hello Joan,

Can you please help assess my Upwork profile to know and tell if it is approved yet? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ademola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your reply Mike but my profile was already approved and i took learning paths new to upwork 101 and 102 and they said the will review my profile i thought it must be for some profile enhancing purposes or maybe something like that

Hi Mike J

I have just submitted the profile for review but didn't receive any confirmation or email. Could you please chek if it is approved or not?

Hello Mike, 

Please how do I know my profile is approved on upwork 

i can review 

My Profile is under review for more than a month. Could you look into it?

Hi Yaman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Ms Annie Jane,

My profile is still under review for more than a month. Can you help me to check my profile ?

Thank You Mike J, I am new Here Also. It's Helped Me Lot.

hi mike, I registered at upwork a few months ago and until now when I'm going to send a proposal it says "Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal." can you please help me? Thank You.

Hi Fakih Kakung,

If your profile is currently under review, you can still work on improving it and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you for the advice. now I have completed my profile as stated in the guide. please be able to check again

Dear Mike J:

Thanks for guiding to get into the Upwork and make more value in this plateform.

IS there any confirmation will come from upwork team so that your profile is approved ?

Is there only one way to know that your profile approved after submitting the proposal ?

Can any experienced freelancer can guide in this regards.

Regards.

Faraz Ahmad.

Hey there awesome Mike!💚

Would you be so kind as to check if my profile is verified as well? Any insight regarding my account's approval status is greatly appreciated! 🤗 Thank you so much in advance, Mike.

Can you pls check my account 

tarun_vij
Community Member

You will receive an email from Upwork.

9f32fdce
Community Member

Is my account active? Can clients see the proposals that I have submitted? 

I am sure your account is active as it is visible if you click on it from here, so I imagine  your proposals are being seen by clients. 

Sherine,  you have an impressive profile, but to begin with remove the reference to data entry, as this attracts scammers to newcomers. Once you are established, it is fine to add it. As you are starting out on Upwork, please, for your own peace of mind, read this thread, which will help you understand how to use the site, and gives you tips to avoid questionable jobs: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

Hi Sherine,

I'd like to confirm that your account has already been approved. Please visit the link that Nichola shared 

and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8c5759f5
Community Member

My Profile Check.

465dfde5
Community Member

Hi there Joanne! Love your name btw 💚

I'd like to humbly request if the moderator team can check my profile as well, I'd love to start helping clients as soon as possible. I would love and appreciate any insight on my account's status. 🤗

I appreciate you, Joanne!

17e0d982
Community Member

my account is approved or not. I want to know.

Hi Pirzada,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! Feel free to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a1b82e57
Community Member

Hi Nikola!

Can you check my profile too? 

Hi Begüm,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a1b82e57
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi!

arbabumair
Community Member

I would like to know whether my profile has been approved or not. I want to know, so I can start sending proposals to the client's Thanks.

Looking forward to hear from you people

Hi Umair,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8c5759f5
Community Member

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

f0d61db0
Community Member

Hello, 

I haven't received an email from Upwork which says that my profile is live. What should I do?

tlbp
Community Member

It appears that your profile is live.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018cbd6cbd9be2a818

8c5759f5
Community Member

I am a new

Hi there,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Feel free to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fe669779
Community Member

Hello nikola

i would like to know if my account is approved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths