🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what can i do is my profile approved and i fi...
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

577 REPLIES 577
926a6f73
Community Member

Hello sir, 

It's been 3 days creating my upwork profile and I am still getting the message saying that I will receive my profile approval within 24hrs.

Please help me. 

c5f8ee66
Community Member

Hello,

There is no part where I need to load the credantials for my profile to be approved. Can you please help me?

Thank you 

Hi Ozgur Can,

I'm sorry if we weren't able to get back to you sooner. I have reached out to the team handling your profile review and they confirmed that it's been approved. 

Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Here are some resources we compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4c1ed789
Community Member

My upwork account was activated. But when I go to job proposals and it says "Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal." What can i do for this situation ?

It's been a while, but I remember needing to submit a copy of my Driver's License (photo ID, a passport would also probably work) and I also needed to do a very quick Zoom call, with camera on, to verify that I am who I said I was. 

Here's what Upwork Legal policy says: 

1.6 IDENTITY AND LOCATION VERIFICATION

You will allow us to verify your identity, location, and business affiliations from time to time.
When you register for an Account and periodically thereafter, your Account will be subject to verification, including but not limited to validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity, your location, and your ability to act on behalf of your business on Upwork. You authorize Upwork, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries necessary to validate your identity, your location, and confirm your ownership of your business, email address or financial accounts, subject to applicable law. When requested, you must timely provide us with complete information about yourself and your business, which includes providing official government or legal documents, and cooperating with other reasonable requests we make to verify your identity. During verification some Account features may be temporarily limited but will be restored if verification is successfully completed.

Thank you. Your post is helpful.

c4b828de
Community Member

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

I have passed 7 days

but my account didn't approved yet

Please help me 

Thanks

Hi Fahad,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d9eb9d52
Community Member

Hi everyone I am new to upwork, please guide me that how I can know that my account is approved?

Hi Faridullah,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d2104d18
Community Member

Hi Pari,

Your peofile is set on private.  Turn on your availabilty badge to hunt job. 

Check this in your setting and it also apprears on your profile.

Hi Pari,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b2e0eae6
Community Member

hello I am new to the platform, it has been several months since I created my account but after submitting my profile for validation I have had this message for several weeks already 

''Your profile is under review

We will email you within 24 hours to let you know if your profile was approved. You will be able to submit proposals if it is approved."

you have captured my profile

Cordially

Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d6d4497d
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and  wondering since it has been more than 24 hours for the profile to be reviewed (already 4 days passed).

Thank you

Erin

Hi Erinna,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and noticed that it is still under review. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes. Check out these Upwork Academy courses to help you create a complete and quality profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

My account still on review since 24 December. I've also filled my tax form, not sure if my account is okay? Do I need to fill something else?

Thank you
Erinna

c3852839
Community Member

When you saw submit a proposal in your profile. That means your profile is approved. Also, you gain 50 free connects after opening a new account.

Thanks

ebc37508
Community Member

Hi there, Please resolve my identity verification issue and visual verification issue. It's stiil in a review stage. Please help me I don't want my account is suspended due to any reason.

Regards,

Iqra

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread so they can assist you more efficiently. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e0dbe166
Community Member

I did submit the nid verification and it was review. But after some time i saw there is no review option. What should i do? Can i submit Again and again? Already did 2 time nid submission. And when it will be approved. Please ans this question.  Thank you. 

Hi MD AYUB,

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie Jane.

Thanks for your response. Please help me. My nid submit last  date 27 dec. And nid card is now reviewed you say. I think its take some days but the problem is date will be expire and my raising talent bage will be vanish when my account will be temporary disable. So Please approved my nid. And its a original smart nid card but mu profile pic is old. So i hope you will help me.

Advance thank you.

Regards 

Ayub Ali

Hi MD Ayub,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that no action is required from your end. Your account should be resumed within the next 24 hours. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4c1ed789
Community Member

Your profile is under review

We will email you within 24 hours to let you know if your profile was approved. You will be able to submit proposals if it is approved.

I have had such a warning in my upwork profile for about 8 10 days. But still no mail has come. What should I do ?

Hi Ahmet,

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okey.Thanks.

4c1ed789
Community Member

karan-malde
Community Member

It has been more than 15 days, and my Upwork account is reviewing. Kindly help me to find out whether my account is approved or not.

f9e2d82a
Community Member

Please could you check if mine is approved or not?

Hi Andri,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b70a1324
Community Member

Hello to everyone.

I have a major problem and I need help!

I had submitted my id for verification and still have gotten no update from the upwork team. My payments are on hold and also not getting any appropriate response from the support team.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Athina,

It looks like the support team has given the needed information on what you can update on the account in order to get approved. Please refer back to your support ticket and if you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to respond to it. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
119e4d2b
Community Member

I can not submit any proposal. It showed "Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal." When will be acitiated/approved my profile and I will be able to submit a proposal?

Hi Ruhul,

~ AJ
Upwork
3dc251cf
Community Member

Hello.

I need help about how to verificate profile and get approved.

I filled almost all fields in profile, i got 100% profile completeness and put payoneer as payment methods.

Is there anything that i'm missing, and if i miss can you explain me what is that?

Thanks

Nikola M wrote:

Hello.

I need help about how to verificate profile and get approved.

I filled almost all fields in profile, i got 100% profile completeness and put payoneer as payment methods.

Is there anything that i'm missing, and if i miss can you explain me what is that?

Thanks

I can see your profile, can you send proposals? If so, it's already approved.
The issue of verification is different. They do not verify all the profiles from the beginning, they will already ask you when you earn money.

b075a741
Community Member

I am Suvidha Adate Accountant. I tried a lot but Upwork does not Approve my Account. Please HELP me If you have any suggestion.

Hi Suvidha,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths