🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why is it taking so long to review my pro...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello... Is it possible for you to check my profile? Why it is not approved yet? Thank you.

Hi Pipper,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi this is showing since the past week....still profile not approved....

"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."

can you help me out

Hi Manoj,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi

i do not see any link to click on .....??

please advice further.

best regards

Hi Manoj,

On the registration page, scroll down until you see a green button that says 'Review Application' as shown in the screenshot here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
njovu
Community Member

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

I am also facing the same problem, I created my account 2 days I go a freind in the states directed me to Upwork but ever since i have not got my profile approved. And moreover I have not got any email specifiying where I have gone wrong.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Njovu, 

The team has emailed you last Monday regarding your account. To speed up the approval of your profile, please change your photo to one that shows a clear image of your face. I would recommend that you also add more information on your overview so clients have an idea of your expertise.

Let me also share a few other resources that you may need as a new freelancer on Upwork. You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center. I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread.

Welcome to Upwork!
Avery

~ Avery
Upwork

I have given all the necessary test and updates profile for upwork approval, but i submitted yesterday for approval, its more than 12 hours, so what to do? Please help to get approval.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01e778c93095fd4d34/

Hi MD Saeem,

I checked and do see your profile was approved earlier today. Please keep building your profile and expand your overview with more information about your skills and experience.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

It is not yet approved, still showing under review..Please help me, it is being attached.Please help me for approval.

MD Saeem,

We'll follow up with the team and have your profile reviewed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It is now approved. I'm very happy. Thank you 

Hi Avery,

I'm having the same problem and I haven't received any emails from upwork about my profile being reviewed, can you please have a look at my profile and see if I can sort things out to speed up the process.

Thank you

Hi Kevin,

Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi maria e
my profile was suspended cause i made mistakes after fixing the mistakes, i resubmitted my profile but still it says your account is suspended.

Hi Jahan,

Please refer to the notification our team sent you a couple of days ago and note that you need to make the necessary changes and follow the outlined steps before your account could be reviewed and resumed.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have the same problem, What can I do? Thanls

Hi Joel, 

Looks like the team has emailed your regarding your profile. Kindly please check the email from our Trust & Safety Team, and work on the changes being requested on your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

@Joel C wrote:

I have the same problem, What can I do? Thanls

Not using someone else's photo would be a great start. Fake profiles are not allowed.

Hello UPwork Community,

Please help me.

I created my profile more than 1 week ago. But i'm not received any profile activation confirmation from upwork.

What i do?

Thanks

Bharat **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Joanne Marie P,

Could you also review my account? It is under review stage for more than a Month.

Please help me.

Thanks

Bharat

Hi Bharat,

I looked on the account for you and I can see that you have not completed the registration. You must select a City and submit your application for review.

Hello Mary H,

Thanks for your reply.

I submitted many times my profiles filled up all details properly. But everytime when click to review application; it will redirect again show my profile for review application and this time my city removed from list.

As per your suggection i'm again filled my city name "Noida".

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Bharat

Hi Bharat,

I have checked and can see Noida is available on the City field. Once you select it from that drop down, it should auto-fill all the fields.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
vampali
Community Member

Thanks Pandora and Lena.

My profile has now been approved :).

I can finally apply for some jobs yey! 🙂

Maria.

i am facing same problem. and getting this error Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal.  .please lemme know what should i do?

Hi Emi,

Before your profile can be approved you may need to replace your profile picture with an actual photo of you, revise your profile title and expand your profile overview with more information about your skills and experience. Make sure your overview, title, name, certifications, employment and education history sections do not have spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, and the words are capitalized where appropriate.

Please read the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Building a Freelancer Profile

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

~ Valeria
Upwork
mhela218
Community Member

Hi,

I am also encountering the abovementioned problem. I cannot submit proposals because my profile is being reviewed. What do I need to do? I hope this would be addressed. Thank you!

Hi Mhel,

Thank you for updating and re-submitting your profile. It will be reviewed as soon as possible and the team will inform you about the outcome.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, Thank you for the response. I'll just wait for the result.

greeting ma'am

FAQ: how long will it take to approve/review my profile?

thank you and more power.

Hi Austin,

As stated on your profile page, you should hear back from our team within 12 hours.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I created a profile three days ago, and it still says to wait 12 hours for approval. I haven't received any word on what to do differently, or how I might improve my profile to ensure approval. Am I missing something? 

Thank you,

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry about the delay. I am happy to let you know that your profile has been approved and you should be able to submit proposals on Upwork now.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I created a profile 2 days ago, and still have a message to wait 12 hours for approval. I haven't received any email on how I might improve my profile to ensure approval. Can I do something to spead up the process? 

Thank you

Hi Kat, 

Unfortunately, there is no way to speed up the process of getting your account approved. In the meantime, you may want to check Vladimir's thread on how you can get started on Upwork. There are links on this thread on how you can improve your profile which you may want to check out. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Still waiting approval aswell

Hi Allen,

Sorry about the late reply, I see your profile was already approved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
sazi11
Community Member

hello sir i registerd my profile on upwork yesterday but at the top of my profile this message is showing (Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved) but its been more then 18 hours since then and my profile is still underway can you approve my profile as soon as possible because i can not submit any proposal or etc without approval of my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths