🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why is it taking so long to review my pro...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarfraz,

Your profile will be reviewed soon, please keep checking for further updates.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
zaish1
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I created a profile 1 day ago, and it still says to wait 12 hours for approval. I haven't received any word on what to do differently, or how I might improve my profile to ensure approval. Am I missing something? 

Thank you,

Zeeshan M. Yaqoob

Hi Zeeshan,

I'll follow up with the team about the status of your profile as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Me too!

Still waiting for approval

Kailyn,

I'll follow up with the team and they'll review your profile as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
zaish1
Community Member

Dear Valeria,

I have made changes as mentioned in email of yesterday. Can you tell me if any other changes required ?

What Next Step should I do for Activation of my Account ?

Thanks & Regards.

Zeeshan

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeeshan,

Please follow the instructions our team shared in the notification you received and submit your profile for review once you've made the necessary changes to your profile. Our team will review and advise if further updates are required. Please review these resources in order to fine tune your profile and make sure it's in line with our ToS, among other useful information included in them.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
9kemc
Community Member

Hello Vladimir 
Can you pls give me some advices why my profile is over a week  under review

It says you should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.
But it has been over 120 hours

tlsanders
Community Member

Your profile is very weak. You are billing yourself as both a writer and a translator, but you haven't offered any portfolio items in either area, and your overview is a mass of grammatical errors.

In addition, you're offering translation services in multiple languages (which is a red flag), but haven't even bothered to specify which languages you're offering.

How can Upwork possibly assess your profile and how your skills fit the marketplace when the only information you've given them is evidence (based on your overview) that you can't actually write clearly in English?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Genc,

You'll profile will be reviewed soon and youi'll be notified via email whether it was approved, apologies about the delay in reviewing it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
zaish1
Community Member

Dear Vladimir G 

I have created my upwork account on 09-14-2017 since then I am still waiting for Activation.

Kindly do me favor in this matter I will be very thankful to you.

Regards......

@Zeeshan Y wrote:

Dear Vladimir G 

I have created my upwork account on 09-14-2017 since then I am still waiting for Activation.

Kindly do me favor in this matter I will be very thankful to you.

Regards......

It's possible that your profile will not be approved until you stop showing your below average English test results. But that is the only big thing that I think would be holding your activation up.

Also, tacking on Data Entry to your profile seems a little strange. You appear to have a lot of solid skills (and a portfoliow, which is great). You might want to consider removing Data Entry from your Upwork Profile Title, at least.

zaish1
Community Member

Dear Pandora H

I have updated my profile on your advice.

Thanks

@Zeeshan Y wrote:

Dear Pandora H

I have updated my profile on your advice.

Thanks

So you did! That looks much better 🙂

Now, is there a team that is waiting for you to say "my profile is updated"? because at this point, you might want to reach out to them. If you have already done that, give it a day or two, because it's the weekend, and support takes a little longer on the weekends.

thnthnh1
Community Member

Same problem here!

Hi Phuong,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there,I wan to know about my account status, Is my account approved or not ? How I can figure this out that my account is approved ? Please guide

Hi Arslan,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

How i would know that  my account is approved or not as i didnt got any confirmation mail?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faizan, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

I want to know is my profile approved??

Hello, 

How do I submit my profile for review? I can't see the button for submit.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sergey, and Ranit,

I checked and it looks like both of your accounts were already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you sir.

Hi Aleksandar !

I don't now what's wrong with me profile.

this message is driving me crazy.

please tell me what's wrong?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergey,

Upon checking, you need to rewrite your overview. In general, your overview should clearly describe your skills and expertise. The skills noted should be related to your title. Afterwards, please resubmit your profile for review. We wish you a positive outcome with this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Support Team,

I've applied my account for review more than 3 days ago.
But still didn't get any response.

Could you please help?

Thank you,
- Mikhail

Hi Mikhail, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick response.
It seems "City" field was not automatically populated. My bad that I missed
that.
It seems now it works.
Thank you again.

Best regards,
-Mikhail

Hi,I create my profile 1 week ago but it's still not showing any progress can you please let me know how much time will be taken to approve the account.Thanks

Hi Mehboob, 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

It's fixed now due to google auto complete i was not able to pick the suggested result by upwork. Now i figured it out and submit the application for review.

Thanks

Mehboob

Hello,

How do I know if my profile is approved? 

Thanks

Hi Sandino,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I've submitted my profile on Upwork for a revies like 7-8 day ago and I still didn't get any info is it approved or not. How long does it take for a profile to be approved?

Thank you!

Mateja Zvirotic

Hi Mateja,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the 'Review Application' button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I recently submitted my account for approval however I did not receive any notification/ email about my account’s approval.

Although, I am able to send proposals.

I just wanted to know how I could check the status of my account.
TIA

If you can send proposals, you're approved. It's something like, I can breathe but I'm not sure I'm alive.

Hi Hassan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already successfully sent a few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths