Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proposals submitted before profile approved

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3411 of 5,251

Go to the main page.  Under "Find Work" there is a tab that says "Proposals".  Your proposals should be there.  I suspect your profile was approved when you submitted them and the notification was just delayed for some reason.

Highlighted
Dale T Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
3412 of 5,251

Thanks for your reply. I do see them there, that's a good sign. I haven't received any kind of feedback at all from any of the job posters though, so I can't confirm that they can see them too. I guess I'll wait and see.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3413 of 5,251

Hi Dale,

Your profile has been approved and all the proposals you see on your Proposals page have been delivered to clients. It may, however, take a bit of time to get the first response to your proposal.

I suspect the email was delivered to you with a delay. Sorry about the confusion caused by that.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
3414 of 5,251

Ok great, thanks for checking!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3415 of 5,251
More often that not, you will send proposals and never hear anything back. Don't worry about. Just submit to jobs that you know you can do really well and tailor your proposal to that specific job. It takes a good while to get going - don't get discouraged. Be sure you read everything about how the platform works, how you get paid, the Terms of Services and everything else so you don't get scammed.
Highlighted
3416 of 5,251

Thank you so much for your advice, Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie.

I'll be sure to follow it - especially the bit about being scammed.

The key appears to be in avoiding jobs that request off-platform payments. I have a question about how to handle payments that may not fit within the structure of the bid forms I've seen in job posts. This just occurred to me, so forgive me the answer is available elsewhere. I figure I'll ask here before I look, double my chances of getting a good answer.

I offer a maintenance plan that has an annual fee. Usually I'll offer it at the end of a project. Up until now, I've accepted several forms of payment, including PayPal, Interac e-Transfer, etc. If I manage to land a client on Upwork, I'd like to keep the payments within Upwork to avoid these issues with scammers. My question is twofold: is there a way to charge for upsales and is there a way to create a recurring payment? The recurrent payments do not need to be automated, so as long as there is a way to create a new charge for it upon renewal, it should work.

Thanks again for your time!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3417 of 5,251

@Dale T wrote:

Thank you so much for your advice, Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie.

I'll be sure to follow it - especially the bit about being scammed.

The key appears to be in avoiding jobs that request off-platform payments. I have a question about how to handle payments that may not fit within the structure of the bid forms I've seen in job posts. This just occurred to me, so forgive me the answer is available elsewhere. I figure I'll ask here before I look, double my chances of getting a good answer.

I offer a maintenance plan that has an annual fee. Usually I'll offer it at the end of a project. Up until now, I've accepted several forms of payment, including PayPal, Interac e-Transfer, etc. If I manage to land a client on Upwork, I'd like to keep the payments within Upwork to avoid these issues with scammers. My question is twofold: is there a way to charge for upsales and is there a way to create a recurring payment? The recurrent payments do not need to be automated, so as long as there is a way to create a new charge for it upon renewal, it should work.

Thanks again for your time!

Upsales: not really, no.

Recurring: Yes, but it's not used much, most users do not know about it, and even fewer clients know about it. And most clients, if they did know, would not go for it.

Upwork is not really set up to do either of those things, and trying to do either here is going to be very frustrating. I advise you to go READ (yea, that's right, READ). the many support pages that discuss PAYMENTS.

Which if course, you should do even if you did not have a specific reason.

Highlighted
3418 of 5,251

Thank you, Pandora. Don't worry, I won't skip the homework.

You're right, of course - I should have read about all of this before submitting my first proposal. The post that pushed me to sign up had a 2 hour window and I wanted so badly to get my application in as soon as possible.

I will take your advice and stop looking for jobs until I've read what I need to read.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3419 of 5,251

@Dale T wrote:

Thank you, Pandora. Don't worry, I won't skip the homework.

You're right, of course - I should have read about all of this before submitting my first proposal. The post that pushed me to sign up had a 2 hour window and I wanted so badly to get my application in as soon as possible.

I will take your advice and stop looking for jobs until I've read what I need to read.

Thanks again!

Your welcome, and btw, Welcome to Upwork!  We might be brisk with our advice, but that's just because we have seen so many people fail simply because they failed to read.

RTFM, my friend!

Highlighted
Opio A Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
3420 of 5,251
Hello I want to know whether my profile has been approved thank you