🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is Upwork for non US citizens too?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Nardalisa B. D wrote:

Hi there!

I just want to know if my account is already verified because my friend told me that I should receive an email about it. He asked me to try to submit a proposal but I receive an error that I do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications.

I hope that you can help me with my concern. Thank you so much.

Stay safe and healthy. God bless you all.

Kind regards,

Nardalisa Donaire

This is no error message, just informational. You are able to send proposals, hence your account is approved. 

Dear Officer,

I hope you're fine.

Can you please let me know whether my account has been approved or not?

Waiting for your kind response.
Thanks

Hi Hassan,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've been newly registered to the Upwork platform and I really like the way how it works!

I'm a non US citizen (Nepalese) residing in Nepal. My previous work experience matches with jobs posted here and it's quite impressive too. 

My question is... (a) How a non US citizen can work and get paid in Upwork?

Any relevant advice and/or suggestion would be much appreciated and welcomed. 

Thanking you

Pradip

@Pradip K wrote:

My question is... (a) How a non US citizen can work and get paid in Upwork?

Hi Pradip,

Welcome to Upwork community. Earning money from Upwork is simple.

- Find a job using the search option or from your job feed.

- Place your bid by using the Submit a Proposal button.

- Wait until you get a call for interview.

- Complete your interview and if you can convince the client, you will get hired.

- Complete your job, submit it and request payments.

- You will receive funds when your client release the payments.

- After that add a payment method from the settings. (you can do it earlier too)

- Place a withdraw using that method.

And thats how you can work and get paid.

You will learn all the details and conditions in time. Just keep exploring.

Thanks.

Hi Pradip,

Non U.S citizens are also welcome to work as a freelancer on Upwork. Once your account is approved, you can start sending proposals to job posts. You will need to add your payment method and select your tax status. Kindly check this help article for more information on how you get paid. To learn more please check out this thread which is designed to help new users get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am trying to sign up, but in the location section United States is automatically selected and cannot be changed. I've been a U.S. citizen for all 30 years of my life, but I haven't lived in the U.S. for over five years so I don't have any use for a U.S. address or phone number. How can I complete the application process under these circumstances?

Hi Bob,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you please confirm your current location/country and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am currently living in Prague, Czech Republic.

While trying to complete the profile creation, my country section is grayed out and I am not able to change it from United States. The phone number section is also auto-populated by a "+1" so I can't use my Czech phone number either.

Best regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

im suffering with the same problem too i am based in singapore could you help with this? 

While trying to complete the profile creation, my country section is grayed out and I am not able to change it from United States. The phone number section is also auto-populated by a "+1" so I can't use my Singapore phone number either.

Hi Lester,

Your country is updated as well, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Im a U.S. citizen but currently stuck in Ukraine, i was having the same issue with not being able to change the country to Ukraine. Please help

Hi Teymur,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Im a not U.S. citizen currently I am in Colombia, i was having the same issue with not being able to change the country fro US to Colombia. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roghert,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,  thanks for the information you provided. Appreciate the work way that upwork present. I have created my account recently, but I am residing in China, not sure it is also open for my country.  When I trying to submit a proposal, there have popped up verify ID, but I am non-US citizens too.  Do you have any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Rick R wrote:

Hi Goran,  thanks for the information you provided. Appreciate the work way that upwork present. I have created my account recently, but I am residing in China, not sure it is also open for my country.  When I trying to submit a proposal, there have popped up verify ID, but I am non-US citizens too.  Do you have any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Your country needs to be the country you reside in, so you need to change it to China.

Also, you can only represent yourself in your freelancer account. If you are a team of 5 people, all 5 need to register a freelancer account and you need to create an agency. Otherwise you will be in trouble real soon. 

Hi Martina,

Very thanks for your advice.

Hello Groan,

I am not a US citizen and I currently reside in Egypt, and I have the same problem. The US box is greyed out and I cannot change my location. Please help. 

Thank you,

Hi Seif,

Your Country was updated to Egypt as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
akspra
Community Member

I am not getting an option to change the country. My country is India. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Pradeep,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i'm new to upwork and i have completed my profile. it's showing 100%. but i am unable to know that my profile is approved. so where should i can check it?

Hi Jitendra,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am noew to UpWork.

I just wanted to check my profile is approved or not?

Is there any way to check profile status in website?

Could someone please help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Narasimhamurty,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Recently I create a Upwork Account. But I can't approve it by myself.So I update and resubmit my profile. But now I can't see resubmit button. Can you people please approve my account and so I can start my career as a freelancer.

Hi Uzair,

I checked your account, and it looks like your profile is being reviewed. Profile reviews may take up to 24 hours to complete. You will be notified of the status of your profile approval once the review process is complete. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I wanna know if my profile is approved?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, Thanks for your reply. I have another query. I created this profile in 2017. At that time my application was rejected. But a few days back i.e in 2020 I resubmitted profile for approval. So since it is approved now. I wanna ask, will this delay of 3 years affect my account in any way? I mean, I have not been active for three years. But now I want to work actively. Waiting for your reply.

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile will not be affected in any way. Feel free to continue working and sending proposals, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I just created my profile and I would like to know if this has been
approved coz I didnt get any email confirmation about the status of my
account.

Hi Jonah May, and Hashila,

I checked and can confirm that both of your accounts were accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please help to find the solution for this, I dint got any information regarding approval of the account.

Hi Mohammed Faizan,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

My account has taken too long to be approved, kindly check for me my Email  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Elphas,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I just want to ask if my profile has been approved? They emailed me " Congratulations, Congratulations, Keith Auddrey. Your profile is now live!"

Btw, my full name is Keith Auddrey Logo.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths