🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account status
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Mary Anne,

Your profile has been approved. Please review these freelancer resources before you start submitting proposals and keep improving your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello, Is my upwork account approved?

Hi Richard, 

I sent your account to the team for their review. 

~ Avery
Upwork

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mubariz, 

I checked your account and can see that your profile has already been approved.

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I am a freelancer and I submitted my application last night around 10pm. Shortly after, I received an email welcoming me to upwork but nothing around my application status.  How do I know if I have been approved?

Thanks

Meryl 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meryl, and Mohammad, 

I checked both your accounts and can see that your accounts has already been approved. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

I received an email from Upwork saying "welcome to Upwork" and "you've joined a talented community...". This sounds like I was accepted to join the site, but my profile is still not published more than 24 hours later. Does this step take more time? There was not any indication in the email that I had additional steps to complete but I am currently not able to view job listings. 

Thanks!

Katy

Hi Katy,

Upon checking, you haven't finish in completing your profile yet. If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi I am having the same issue... it's been 24 hours for me. Can you please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meryl, 

I responded to your post, and merged it to this masterthread here

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Jo-An. I am not able to see where my profile may not be complete. Is there any way you can help me understand the steps I need to take to finish? 

Katy

Hi Katy, 

I'll share your account information with the team so that they can proceed with reviewing your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I went through the video verification process 3 weeks ago with Upwork and I still cannot log in and view jobs. Please let me know how to get my approval finalized. 

Katy

Hi Katy, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can proceed with their review. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi

Please i'm having the same issue. whats the way forward?

I have complited my profile in last month till date this type of message in in headline " You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved "

Hi Rim, 

I would suggest that you read up on the resources we have compiled here and edit your profile accordingly. When editing your profile, it is best to highlight your skills and experience in you job category. Once you've edited your profile, you can resubmit it for the team's review. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I made an account on upwork. It usually takes 12-24 hours to approve an account, but its been almost a week now and my profile still haven't been approved. What should I do?

Hi Ali,

I checked your account and can confirm that you still haven't submitted your application for a review. If you`re ready please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How long does it take for my upwork profile to be approved?

Hi Jack,

Once your application is submitted it can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed. If you still haven't submitted your application please click on the Review Application button, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I pressed the review button. Could you tell me if my profile has been recieved because it has been over 24hours 

Hi Jack,

Your application is not submitted, once you click on the Review Application button you will be taken on a new window. If you`re directed back to the same window please log in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello for 5 days I can’t get approve of my account.Please help
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

I checked your account and can confirm that you still haven't submitted your application. If you`re ready please click on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page and allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I wanted to ask if my profile status is it completely approved? or If I have to do any further verification? I would like to know this information regarding to uncertainty of the account as I have attached my financial details to my profile and wanted to confirm as this is sensitive information.

Looking forward

Regards

Hi Suleman,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent one proposal. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I never received a yes or no email to my application submission. However, it seems as if my account is active and that I indeed was accepted. Does anyone have any idea how to know for sure if I was accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Danielle

re: "I never received a yes or no email to my application submission. However, it seems as if my account is active and that I indeed was accepted. Does anyone have any idea how to know for sure if I was accepted"

You don't need a yes or no email.

If you are now able to use your freelancer account, and you can submit proposals to jobs, then your account is active. So go for it. No need to wait to receive anything.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danielle,

Yes, your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out this threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork:

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sir,

How can I know that my Upwork Account is approved?

From

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Mert,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I will receive any mail or notification when my account will be accepted?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Runceanu,

I checked and your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there,

I am a new member of Upwork.

I have completed my profile. I filled in the whole information including work experience, education, photo and etc. But I still haven't received any email regarding my registration or confirmation letter. How much time it is needed to confirm my profile?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Natalia.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalia,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Feel free to start sending proposals on projects. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

My name is Vivek**Edited for Community Guidelines** and I got a mail from Upwork saying your account has been approved. Why does my profile say your account is under review and you will hear from us within 24 hours.

Thanx

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths