🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Vivek,

I checked your account and can confirm that its still under review and once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am unable to activate my account. 

After entering the contact details - there is a button which says - Review Application'. Though there is no error in the details I have entered, I am unable to go past that page.

Can someone please help me with this?

TIA

Hi Shiwani,

I checked this for you, it looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed (upon checking City field is still not completed) and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Additionally, you may clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi i not received mail yet any one can tell my acct approved or not

Hi Arslan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi everyone,

I am new to upwork and wanna know how to check if my account is approved or not?

Thanks

Once your account is approved, you will be able to submit a proposal and have 60 connects in your profile.

Hi Imran,

I'm happy to inform your that your profile has been approved. You may now start sending proposals. Also, please check out this thread to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

How do I know if my profile has been approved?

Hi Cleo,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start bidding on jobs, I would also suggest to check out this thread and learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Maryam N.

"Submit a Proposal" is disabled.

What's mean?

Hi Alan,

I checked your account and can confirm that you have submitted for a review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have recently created a profile on upwork and filled out all the information but I see only Review Application button at the bottom and no button to Submit my profile. 

I have clicked on Review Applicaiton button a number of times but nothing happens and it takes me back to the same page with my profile details. It has been more than 24hrs since I first created my profile and clicked on Review Application button. Please let me know how do I submit my profile.

Hi Akanksha,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser and click on the Review Application button. If you`re still experiencing the same issue after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 
I had submitted the application form for joining upwork and i got the email that my account is not approved, I updated my skills, give tests for the relevant skills and then submitted again but now i can't see the alert which was appearing before saying that my profile is under review so is this mean that my profile is approved ? 

How or where can i check the status ?

Thanks

Hi Abdul,

Your account is approved and you can start sending proposals, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thanks for your quick response. I have two more questions, I am working on completing my profile and trying to link my other accounts with upwork. I have connected my github and stackoverflow account but when i tried to connect facebook and google it is not connecting and I don't know why ? secondly can you please guide me that if in feauture I update my profile and add some new skills so will my account needs to go under review again ? I mean will updating my skills will effect the status of my profile approval ?

Hi Abdul,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser and try to link your accounts. If you experience the same issue let me know along with what browsers have you used.

Regarding your second question, no your profile won't be under review again and you can update your profile at any time. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't have the notification bar saying I need approval within 24 hours anymore but I also didn't get an email. How can I tell if I have been approved or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juliana,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

why is my profile taking so long to be reviewed? 

Hi Buse, Normally upwork will take 24 hours to review your accoun.

Let me know when your profile is approve.

Thanks!

Hi Buse, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can review your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can you help me review my profile tonight? Thank you very much!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Minran, 

I'll share your account with the team so that they can proceed with reviewing your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello.

I am new to up work and have started to create my profile just today. The problem I am facing currently is that even though I have filled out ALL of the things on the 'create profile' page, it still just stay on a 'create profile' page. How do I get it to get approved? Do I just need to save and wait for the approval?? I am not sure what to do next. Please help. Thanks.

+) I have figured out that my profile is currently in draft mode. So the question would be how do I complete my profile? Thank you.

Hi Jennifer,

If you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Review Application button. Our review process can take up to 24 hours and once completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, I am trying to create an Upwork freelancer account, but I am unable to progress past the "create your profile" page. I have completed all the sections & the only option to move forward appears to be "review application" option,  but pressing it just reloads the page. Can anyone assist? Thanks. 

Kim B wrote:

Hey, I am trying to create an Upwork freelancer account, but I am unable to progress past the "create your profile" page. I have completed all the sections & the only option to move forward appears to be "review application" option,  but pressing it just reloads the page. Can anyone assist? Thanks. 

It could be your profile pic. It has to be of you, not some child or avatar etc. Also, you only seem to have completed the skills section. 

Hi Kim,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application for a review. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello everybody! I have created account, but I can't start working through it. Can you help me with that, please?

Anna Z wrote:

Hello everybody! I have created account, but I can't start working through it. Can you help me with that, please?

Your profile has probably not been approved, it is very sparse...

No portfolio, no work history, barely any overview, educational history questionable (at best)

Hi Anna, 

You still haven't submitted your application for a review, once you`re ready please click on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same thing! I have this Upwork account but I'm still waiting for the approval 😕 

Hi Rita,

Your profile is approved and you can start bidding when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Has my profile been approved? Can anyone tell me how to reach a "live" person on upwork to determine when my profile has been approved? It has been longer than 24 hours.

Hi Anne,

You still haven't submitted your application for a review. If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on the Review Application button. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello.

My profile seems to be kept in draft mode even though I have filled out all of the necessary informations. Can someone help me out please? Thank you.

Hi Jennifer, 

I'll follow up your account with the team so that they can proceed with revieweing your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

However, I haven't gotten any other notification about my profile approval.

Is there something wrong?

I would like to know so I can start upwork as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths