🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't complete my profile
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Jennifer,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Sir / Madam 

my username is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I created account and accordingly a profile. 

It now says my account is being reviewed and that only after approval, I can submit proposals / apply for jobs. 

Hence, please consider for approval at earliest so that I can start working. 

Meanwhile, I would be happy to provide any additional information .

Regards

Kalpesh 

Hi Kalpesh,

Your application is under review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! My profile is 85 percent complete, it hangs on approval for more than a month. 
What can I do to get it approved? Thank you

Hi Evgeniya,

You still haven't submitted your application for a review. If you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Our review process can take up to 24 hours and once completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you

~ Goran
Upwork

Please someone check my Upwork Profile that it is approved or not? thanks!

Hi Farhad,

Your profile is approved and you can start bidding to jobs. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello,

i signed up to upwork and created a profile 3 days ago. When i wanted to see if the profile is approved, it still says: If your profile is approved, it will become to the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

How long does it take to approve the profile? I read that it usually just take 12h to activate the profile..

Thanks for your help,

Michele

Michele K wrote:

Hello,

i signed up to upwork and created a profile 3 days ago. When i wanted to see if the profile is approved, it still says: If your profile is approved, it will become to the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

How long does it take to approve the profile? I read that it usually just take 12h to activate the profile..

Thanks for your help,

Michele

The majority of profiles are rejected, so at least at this point yours is not rejected yet.

By the way: It is most unlikely that you are a transcriptor

You likely mean transcriptionist / transcriber.

Your profile would stand a better chance if it was complete - there is no portfolio, there is no relevant (or any) employment history and it is quite unclear what your translation / transcription experience actually is.

Speaking 2 or more languages doesn't make someone a translator any more than owning a scalpel makes someone a surgeon...

Hi Michele,

We apologize for the delay. Your profile review is still being processed. You will receive an update once the process is completed. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

I know it's another thread about profile approval, but I just need to ask. Smiley Happy

I haven't got any notification about profile acceptance or rejection, but I was able to make proposals.
Intuitively, I guess it's approved, but since I'm not quite sure about that, it would be nice if someone help me with some informations.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Hi Dusan,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Please check out this thread to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I sent my application for review over 3 days ago. I still haven't gotten any update on the review. I've read it shouldn't take a lot over 24 hours. Is there a problem with my application?

Thanks in advance,
Lya

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lya,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I have clicked repeatedly on "Review application" after filling it out. I fill out every field. When I click, however, it merely refreshes the page and deletes my city, for some reason, but it does not show any error. What do I do if it doesn't even allow for me to send the application for review?

Regards,
Lya

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lya,

I have escalated your concern to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When filling out my profile for Upwork, it asks for the live in which I live. I type it and pick it from the list on the drop down menu. I find it and click on it but it is still being rejected. Ideas?

Hi Sally,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I changed my brower but still cannot it to work on my address line. Please help.

Hi Sally,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

My profile is not approved, can you help me

login credential : **Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkatasubramani O wrote:

My profile is not approved, can you help me

Every day 10.000 people try to joing Upwork.

98% are rejected, and most of the ones who are accepted, never win a single job.

Unfortunately you don't have any skill that would enable you to find work on Upwork, there are literally hundreds of thousands of Data Entry people already.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Venkatasubramani,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. My profile has not been approved yet. I applied a week or two ago. 

Hi Megan,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have my profile approved but it still says "Your profile has not yet been approved".
Can you assist me?

Thank you

Hi Anna,

Your profile is currently under review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone, hope you are doing okey.

So I've just created my acccount yesterday and set everything, but i did not get approved yet ? is this normal or do I need to do any more steps or anything ? thanks in advance

petra_r
Community Member

Omar A wrote:

Hi everyone, hope you are doing okey.

So I've just created my acccount yesterday and set everything, but i did not get approved yet ? is this normal or do I need to do any more steps or anything ? thanks in advance

It is unlikely that your profile will be approved. You have hardly any overview (and what there is is meaningless,) no portfolio and are mistrepresenting your English level.

Hi Omar,

It doesn't look like you've submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure you complete all the required fields including the city you are located in. You may also add more information about your skills and experience to your profile overview. Once you are done, please click the Review Application button at the bottom of the page to proceed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, when i click on "review application"
it just send me back to the same page?

Omar,

Before you click the button, could you please make sure all the fields on the Complete profile form are filled? Please, add your full address to the address filed and make sure that the "City" field is completed as well.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I want to know whether my account is approved or not.

Hi Sanskriti,

If you`re ready you will need to submit your application for a review by clicking on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have my profile approved but It still says "Your profile has not yet been approved".

Can you assist me being approved?

Thank you

Hi Anna,

Yes your profile is approved and our team will update it shortly, if you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I appreciate the information.
Can I choose my membership?

Thank you

Hi Anna,

Yes you will be able to chose your membership and start bidding once your profile has been updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I appreciate the information Goran.
But it still says "Your profile has not yet been approved".

Thank you

Hi Anna,

Yes our team is working on resolving this as soon as possible, once your account is updated the message will be removed as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths