🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: approval of account
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello,

I appreciate the information

Thank you

Hello,

I still get the "Your profile has not yet been approved
Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page" on my membership page.

Can you assist me?

Thank you

Can anyone check if my account was approved or not? Not sure if the email i got is already the approval coz when i sign in, it says my account is still being reviewed..been waiting for more than 24 hours already..cant send proposals too..thanks

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reporting this. Our team will review your account as soon as possible and reach out to you directly with the results. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to know when my account will get approved?? is there any error in my account??? Can anyone help me to check my profile???

Hi Bhuia Abdullaha,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to know whether my account is approved or not.

Sanskriti V wrote:

I want to know whether my account is approved or not.

Very unlikely....

The profile of a writer who says right up front that she's not filling out her profile because she doesn't like to write? Nah, I'm thinking probably not.

Getting approved wouldn't help you much, anyway, since you don't even mention what services you're offering.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanskriti,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Shiela, 

Looks like your profile has already been approved. I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

Welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Wow! Thank you so much!

Why does it took me too long to receive an approval email? and once i'm logged in, its says: "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."
It has been a week since I submitted my profile, and everytime i try to click " review application" it always asks for my city, eventhough i type in my city the last time i logged in. 

Hi Kheiana,

Just to confirm that you still haven't submitted your application for a review.
Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser > add your city in the City field > Click on the Review Application button. If you`re directed back to the same page let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Dearies, 

It's been a few days now and still no approval. Im starting to get worried.

I saw that some of my colleagues wrote here and then a community guru reviews their profile. I am hoping that the same can happen to me. 

I do skype review, ID verification and whatever. 

Hi Dragomir,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Well then, the problem is with the website...

Whenever I press "REVIEW APPLICATION" it starts to load and then brings me back to 

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/

I believe there is problem with the website, because I tried several browsers and PCs and the problem persists.

Bojan, please help.

Dragomir,

Before you click Review Application, could you please make sure that all fields are completed? Specifically, please make sure that the City field under your address is completed and the Address field only contains your street address.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I can't believe. It was AUTOCOMPLETE... that was the whole problem. Figured it out now. Thanks

What can I do to help the process along? Thanks!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

I've followed up with our team and your account is approved now, thank you for reaching out to us. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got mail from upwork with subject Congratulations, Mario! Start earning on Upwork , but when i go to add new connects this msg is show 

Your profile has not yet been approved

Hi Mario, 

It looks like your account registration has already been accepted, and you should be able to use the features on your account settings. 

~ Avery
Upwork

New Bitmap Image.jpg

How then this is showing up when i try to add connections

Hi Mario,

Please log out and log in again and if you`re seeing the same message let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes , its still the same msg.

No, My account has been approved.

Hi Mario,

Our team will adjust your profile accordingly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nice , thanks.

Stiill my account is not approved,when i go to add connections its the same pic with text :

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.

Hi Mario,

You`re set as an exclusive freelancer of the agency and that is the reason why you can`t chose a membership plan for your freelancer profile.
Your profile is accepted but to bid as an independent freelancer your agency owner will need to change your status to non-exclusive member of the agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nice , thanks.

Hey , on my profile is this msg Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here. but when i click on the tag here its redirect to support page. Any help to make this video verification.

Hi Mario,

I checked this for you on our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to check if the issue persists. If it does, please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

Link doesnt work for me , im using chrome

Hi,

I am new to Upwork. I have set my profile up, however not sure if I have been accepted? I have started looking for work, and applying. However, I have had no response. Any ideas if my accounts set up or not?

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

I can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork
0539c7a7
Community Member

the account of my colleague has not been approved as well. his Name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** . Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Ishmael,

Your friend can resubmit their profile at any time and our team will review it again. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to them with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
239d0542
Community Member

Good day, may I know if my profile has been accepted? My email address is **Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths