🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I can't tell if my account has been approved ...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Din,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same question! I set up my account about a week ago and I've never received an email saying my application was either approved or declined.

Hello John,

I just checked your account and I can confirm that your profile has now been approved. But first, you need to sign up to one of our membership plans. You may learn more about our membership plans by reading this article. You may also read the following articles to help you land jobs here in Upwork:

Submitting a winning proposal

Enhance your profile

You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

Hi,

It's been more than a week now and still getting a message "Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved".

How I can get my profile approved?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sudhir,

Our team will review your profile shortly and reach out with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I'm new here at upwork, and I created my account here yesterday. I filled all informations needed to send an application .The problem is, that I send it yesterday and I still haven't got any message yet about status of accepting my account.

Can someone from upwork team check it out?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tomasz,

I checked your account and I can confirm that you haven't submitted your application for a review. 
Before submitting it for a review I can advice you set your profile as an independent freelancer, if you would like to work as a team once your application is approved you can open an agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think that now I sended the apllication correctly. Is now everything okay? 

plz check my account that it is approved or not?

Hi Daniel and Mufakkir,

Your profiles were accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I have created my account today morning. But my customer still cannot send me the job offer. When he will be able to do it? I need it ASAP.

Hi Yevhenii,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My profile is not approved. But I have a client ..who want to work with me via upwork. now what can I do?

petra_r
Community Member

Fahim A wrote:

My profile is not approved. But I have a client ..who want to work with me via upwork. now what can I do?

Work with the client on a platform that accepts you.

Hello

If the client is under upwork and your account is not approved. You can provide your Profile link to your client. You can find your profile link at the left side of you profile account. 

Hope this will help you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please wait within 24 hours for our team to review your profile. You'll be notified once the review is over.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Upwork Community

Unfortunately, like many before me, I have had problems completing my freelancer profile and it remains incomplete.  I would like to delete/cancel the profile so that  I can figure out how best to compile my account and get approval.  There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do this and so I am hoping that an Upwork moderator can review this and help me, ultimately advising those in similar situations.

I look forward to your assistance.

Yolanda Perez

Hi Yolanda,

Please share more information with us about the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly.

Upon checking, you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Upwork, I cannot submit my profile for review as requested because I
have accidently put in the wrong address and telephone information and I am
not able to delete it as it will not allow me. Nonetheless I am no longer
interested in submitting my profile and would like to cancel. Thank you.

Hi Yolanda,

Your account is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hi Ali,

Your profile is approved and you can start bidding on jobs when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I created my account yesterday. And still have no approvement. Because of this the customer cannot send me job offer. We he will be able to do it?

Ivan B wrote:

Hello. I created my account yesterday. And still have no approvement. Because of this the customer cannot send me job offer. We he will be able to do it?

That's a good question, I'm curious as well. Can a more experienced colleague answer the question if it's possible for a freelancer to get hired before his profile is approved?

Hi Ivan,

If you are referring to your freelancer profile I can confirm that you still haven't created it. At the moment you`re an exclusive member of the agency, in order to be able to work as a freelancer the agency owner will need to change your status to non-exclusive as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I received one mail but I don't know that I am selected as freelancer in upwork or not. Please give me confirmation that m I selected as freelancer or do I have to improve my profile?

Hi Raviraj,

Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review on your application to be finished and our team will reach out to you directly with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

I need your kind support regarding the pop up message I have on my Job feed which says that my profile is under review and that I should hear on the issue within 24 hours.

24 hours have already passed. I am not sure if I am missing something on my end.

I appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zakareyya,

Our team will review your profile as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Upwork Team,

I really wish to work on Upwork and prove my skills.

Created my profile and its been more than 48 hours I haven't heard from you.

Request to kindly share a message regarding profile approval status please.

Eagerly awaiting your positive response.

Warm Regards,

Jen

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,, I just want to know if my account was approved,, i haven't received any notification,, i can send proposals though,,, Thanks.

Hi Hadeer, 

It looks like your profile has already been accepted. For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Would u check my profile approval? I sent the application last week and until now i am stuck in the Craete Your Profile page.

Hi Gevie,

Please click on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page to submit your application. If you`re directed back to the same page try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I had submitted my profile a few days back. No one has approved it yet. Was hoping to start looking for jobs soon. Please advise. 

Thanks!

Hi Nikita,

I checked your account and can confirm that you still haven't submitted your application, if you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How can I know if my account is approved or not?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths