🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

hello i am new to upwork please how do i know if my profile has been approved or not?

Hi Sajjad,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey,

I m a new member . I was trying to activate my account  but a note a shown since more than 24 hours now saying " your profile is under review , it will be approved within 24 hours". What should I do ?

Thanks

Hi Hadhami. You should wait just a little bit. It's ok.

Also one advice - make your profile public/visible. You can do it in Profile Setting - change Visibility to Public.

i applied on monday but till now i have not received an email telling me that my profile has been approved or not.can you help me please

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your profile and you still haven't submitted your application for review. If you`re ready please click on the green button Review Application, if you`re directed back to the same window try logging in with another browser to submit you application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please let me know if my profile is approved. I have not received a confirmation email yet. How can I know whether my profile has been accepted? Thanks!

Hi Syeda, 

I would like to confirm that your profile is now accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

How i come to know that my profile had approved or not ? 

Hi Ashish,

Your profile is approved and you can start bidding on jobs when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't have connection there

Hi Ashish,

You have already submitted a proposal and you have 58 connects available on your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i finished my profile on the 28th of january and till now it has been more than a week and my profile is not off the review so i can't submit job applications...... can anyone help me so i can finish the profile, everything is filled in and the picture is clear so no issues.

Hi Omar Mohamed,

I checked your account and it looks like you haven't completed the information requested on the address field. Please complete filling in all the requested details and submit it for review. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I had all lines filled already, it won't submit it, it just refreshes the page, and it gives me no errors for any required fields that i left empty

My profile is still under review have no idea what to do further

any help about this is really helpful

Thanks

Hi Jose,

I've shared your account details with the team and you will be notified with the status of your profile approval. Thank you! 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I joined UpWork on February 7 and my profile is still waiting to be approved even though it said it took 24 hours. I have no emails or notifications. Is something wrong with my profile?  Help.

Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

I checked your account and it looks like you have not filled in all the required fields while creating your profile. Please complete all requested information and submitted your profile for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

i am facing similar issue please check and resolve asap. And i am not able to use my other client account on same id **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards

Paramvir **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Paramvir,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application for a review. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’ve been waiting for a reply regarding my upwork account for 3 days now it’s still stuck on the verification page I don’t know what went wrong
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lina,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Sir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**How can I know that my profile is approved? can I send proposals or not

Hi Muhammad, 

Your profile has been approved. Please go through the topics discussed on this thread to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Fiona Rivera.

Hi Fiona,

You will need to complete your profile up to 100% and select one of our membership plans in order to be able to start sending proposals. To chose one of our plans go to Settings > Membership&Connects, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I created an account with Upwork on the 6th February and am keen to start freelancing, but have not yet received any confirmation of account approval. Could someone please advise as to when I will find this out?

Many thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

You will need to submit your application for a review and once accepted you can start bidding on jobs. If you`re ready please click on the green button Review Application and allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I did this on the 6th when I filled out my profile but have heard nothing
back since then. Have now pressed to send it for review again.

I have been stuck with this on the page header since the 6th:

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use
to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after
approval).

Many thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. If you`re directed back to the same page after this let me know what type of browsers did you used, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have disabled the phone verification and still cannot get past the screen

Hi Jennifer,

If you`re ready please click on the green button Review Application and allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed.  If you`re directed back to the same page try clearing your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It says profile approval usually takes about 24 hours. I has been more than a week since I created my profile and it is still not approved. Can anyone help me out here ?

Hi Ahmet,

One of our agents will reach out directly to you via email and assist you further. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.

My name is Alexander from Colombia. **Edited for community guidelines**

I am new at upwork.

And I wanna work on this site.

But my profile is under review and I can't work now.

I hope your help.

Best regards.

Hi Alexander,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of your approval status. 

We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I submitted my application two days ago and I haven't heard from Upwork since then about my status. I've been receiving webinar invites via email though. Can someone please check if my profile is approved? Thank you.

Hi Mary Jane, 

Looks like your profile has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

I was checking my personal email from time to time, waiting for the confirmation. I guess Upwork is really on demand for applications  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for checking!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths