🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: When I get approved ?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
kcaguite
Community Member

Hi same question. It's been 24 hours but no notification yet. Can you help me with this?

I applied on Upwork last week, but still, haven't received any information regarding it. My profile is showing: 

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

I wanted to know how long does it takes to accept or reject a profile?

Hi Rahul,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i would like to know if my profile has been approved?

Hi Diana,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Its still showing that it will take 24 hours to be approved. I am not certain if i am approved or rejected but its been 3 days and the status that "you will be approved in 24 hours after which you can send proposals" has not gone yet and I am still not able to send any proposals.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vas,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. Your account is accepted now. Please select your membership plan and feel free to start bidding on projects.

Make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey guys,

I wanna ask when I get approved ? I'm waiting 3 days but no response...

What the issue my profile have ?

Please help.

Thanks.

Gvidas L wrote:

Hey guys,

I wanna ask when I get approved ? I'm waiting 3 days but no response...

What the issue my profile have ?

Please help.

Thanks.

You have an incomplete profile. No confirmed skills, no education, no tests.   Your profile is incomplete and your overview is waffle. There are countless freelance video editors most of them can prove their skills with experience and educational background. You need to rethink your overview and add a few details to back up your claim. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gvidas,

I've followed up with our team and your account is approved now. Please, select your membership plan and feel free to start bidding on projects.

You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Gvidas,

I've followed up with our team and your account is approved now. Please, select your membership plan and feel free to start bidding on projects.

You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

Umm what are the criteria for acceptance? 

Nichola L wrote:

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Gvidas,

Thank you!

Umm what are the criteria for acceptance? 

Coming to the forum and asking when your account will be approved. Seriously, I've read it on some of these "How to get an account on Upwork" blogs. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Hey, i`ve submitted my new Upwork Freelancer Account and I`ve been waiting for 2 days now, can i ask how many more hours should i wait? Can someone help me? Please...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stojan,

Your profile was accepted,  please select your membership plan and feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I recently signed up. I haven’t received an email stating it has been approved. How do I find out if it has been approved?

If your profile is approved then you can bid on projects. If you can't then your profile is still in review or rejected. 

If your profile is under reivew then you will see a notificaiton in top of your profile. 

When your profile approved that notifications will gone. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

I checked your account and can see that you should be able to submit proposals already. Welcome to Upwork! 

To help you get started, I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled here for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I submitted my profile earlier this week for verification and still no word back. How long does it normally take to get a reply for approval/rejection? 

Hi Zac,

I checked and it looks like you haven't completed your profile yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mademist
Community Member

How do I know what is missing from my profile to get it approved? I am just waiting to be able to confirm my bank account but I have done about everything I could think of.

Hi Madeleine,

Your application is currently under review, once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I know what is missing from my profile to get it approved? I am just waiting to be able to confirm my bank account but I have done about everything I could think of.

petra_r
Community Member

Madeleine D wrote:

Every single day 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected, and of the 2% that are accepted, the vast majority never earn a single Dollar.

Once you have been rejected once, the chances of being accepted in future are very, very slim.

Upwork has far more freelancers than it can possibly support and your best bet is to forget about it for a year or two and maybe see if maybe things change in a year or two.

mademist
Community Member

So....should I just delete my account then?
I fail to see how not trying to improve my profile and waiting a year would
help anything.
Guess I'll just have to find another platform. 🤷‍:female_sign:
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madeleine,

Upon checking, you need to update your profile overview and title, to clearly describe any specific skill and experience you might have. Once you finish, please resubmit profile for review.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am unable to submit my application.

I have filled out each section, clicked on Review Application, but after the page refreshes, I cannot see a Submit Application button (there are no red boxes or errors in the applicaiton)

Hi there! I am wondering if my profile is approved? I didn't receive the approval mail, but I was able to submit a proposal, which confuses me...Thanks!

Hi Marija,
If you are able to submit proposals then congratulations your profile is approved.

Hi Marija,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent a proposal to a job. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great, thank you very much!

I'd like to know if my upwork account has been activated

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damilola, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your application to join Upwork has been approved. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
atanda17
Community Member

Thank you very much

Hello,
I have created a new profile last week but when I log in, I still see the same page, where you have to fill in your profile and submit it. Nothing happens.. Should I just be patient or is there a bug? 
Thank you for your support.
Kind regards, 
Emilie

Hi Emilie,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I created my freelancer account a week ago but I still have not received an email telling me if my profile is accepted or not. What should I do ? Thank you

Hi Markus,

You still haven't submitted your application for a review.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I cannot see any submit button while applying as a new freelancer. Though everything seems perfect and I can submit "review application". It just refreshes but unable to submit it. I would like to know if my application is processed.

Thanks

Dilip Kumar

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Dilip,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have created the upwork freelancer profile last to last week and its still showing pending. May i know how can i fix it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths