cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't save my new profile

Lerma E Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
1481 of 2,799
Is it possible that a client can send me an invitation to apply even if my account isn't approved yet?

I have this prospective client whom I met in person and asked me to send an application via Upwork. So to comply, I created an account here. However it says it has yet to be approved. Is there a way that I can soon send my application to him?

Thank you.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1482 of 2,799

Hi Lerma,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

The Bring Your Own Freelancer program is open to clients. You may read this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Untitled
MD Ali Hossen A Member Since: Apr 27, 2017
1483 of 2,799

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1484 of 2,799

Hi MD,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

Untitled
Jennifer G Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
1485 of 2,799

Hi, I would like to know if there's a waiting time after i create my profile for me to know if it's approved ? thank you !! 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1486 of 2,799

Hi Jennifer, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, you need to update the City field.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

-Avery
Untitled
Damian N Member Since: Apr 1, 2019
1487 of 2,799

Hi everyone! every time I log in to the site, I'm always redirected to my profile view as if it's still on review or some changes pending to submit. I've waited about a week and still can't get through the initial profile page.

Heidi B Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
1488 of 2,799

Iv'e created my profile however there is no saving Option. I only have "review application - create a client account instead - delete my account" I've ensured all details are correct including my city, however, I still can't save it, Please help.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1489 of 2,799

Hi Heidi,

You can start typing your city in the "City" field and you will be given a drop-down menu with suggestions to chose from. Once you`ve selected your city if you`re ready you can submit your application for a review. 
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, thank you.

Untitled
Ikechukwu O Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
1490 of 2,799

A friend of mine completed her profile on some days ago, and the notification says'

"Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

It's been over five (5) days since she submitted. What can be done so that her profile is approved and she can start submitting proposals?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS