🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Application Approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Is it possible that a client can send me an invitation to apply even if my account isn't approved yet?

I have this prospective client whom I met in person and asked me to send an application via Upwork. So to comply, I created an account here. However it says it has yet to be approved. Is there a way that I can soon send my application to him?

Thank you.

Hi Lerma,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

The Bring Your Own Freelancer program is open to clients. You may read this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi MD,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I would like to know if there's a waiting time after i create my profile for me to know if it's approved ? thank you !! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, you need to update the City field.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi everyone! every time I log in to the site, I'm always redirected to my profile view as if it's still on review or some changes pending to submit. I've waited about a week and still can't get through the initial profile page.

Iv'e created my profile however there is no saving Option. I only have "review application - create a client account instead - delete my account" I've ensured all details are correct including my city, however, I still can't save it, Please help.

Hi Heidi,

You can start typing your city in the "City" field and you will be given a drop-down menu with suggestions to chose from. Once you`ve selected your city if you`re ready you can submit your application for a review. 
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

A friend of mine completed her profile on some days ago, and the notification says'

"Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

It's been over five (5) days since she submitted. What can be done so that her profile is approved and she can start submitting proposals?

Hi Ikechukwu,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to share details about another user's account status here in the Community. Please, refer your friends to the notification she sees at the top of the page when she logs in for more information. It'll be updated as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

My account is under review more than 24hrs but still i see message like "You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

Cloud you please help me with this

My Account Id: **Edited for community guidelines**

Hello,

I'll follow up with our team and they will update you directly about your account status.

Meanwhile, please check this article for instructions on how to change your name. Please also note that your profile must represent you as an individual, not a company and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate and truthful. Let us know if you have any other questions, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

My account is under review more than 24hrs but still i see message like "You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

Cloud you please help me with this

Hi Faris,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed, if your profile is still under review after 48 hours let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It is already over 48 hours.

Hi Faris,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, i created my profile yesterday but i haven't received neither an approval or denial. How soon can i know ? Thank you !!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi all,

I have filled my profile in Upwork four days ago. I hit "Review application" and since then, nothing. 

What are the next steps? Should I wait for an email of whether I have been approved or not? And until when should I wait?

I also noticed that when I hit "review application" my city was removed. I tried this at least 10 times and the same thing always happens. Could this be related to my application being in limbo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marios, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, you missed adding your city in the "City" field.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
marchar
Community Member

Solved - The system needed me to add a "state" as well, but the relevant filed wasn't appearing earlier. It just did, I filled it and sent my application.

HiJoanne,

May u check my profile , i dont get how can submit profile and escape from draft form in app.

Best regards,

I didn't receive any confirmation mail of the profile approval how can I know the status of my profile?

Hi Anum,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello everyone

Is there a way to get my profile reviewed?

Are there any mods that can help me with this?

Thank you so much

Hi Anwer,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status.

We wish you a positive outcome with this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and filled out my profile.  I need to know if my account is approved?  I have posted proposals for 7 jobs but haven't heard back from any of them and cannot tell if the owner has already hired someone since I still see the jobs in Proposals.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeeshan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already successfully sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

How would I know if my application in Upwork is approved?

Hi Janine Marie,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I didnt get a mail or anything. I just created my account and now I am able to browse for jobs. Can anyone tell me please?

Thank you.

Hi Victor,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. To help you get started, please check these posts: 

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

My profile says it requires changes, but will not tell me what changes need to be made. I haven't received an email stating what's wrong with the account, and the link that leads to the 'Upwork Guidelines' leads to a page that doesn't exist. Upon request through email, I updated my license and registration info. I received an email from upwork saying that the problem has been resolved, but when I log in the message is still there. I received that email 5 days ago. I've been trying to fix this problem for over a month now, without even knowing what the problem is! If anyone knows how to fix this (or what the guidelines are), the help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sarah,

I've checked this with the team and I can confirm that your profile has already been accepted. Can you please check now? The error message should no longer appear. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

How may I know if my account is already approved? I did not received any email from Upwork....

Hi Jeron,

I would like to confirm that your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello there, I've updated my status almost more than a week ago but still I haven't been approved. Can you please check my profile, and let me know if there is something wrong. I really would like to change my life starting by working here. This means a great deal to me. Looking for your answer.

Thank you.

Hi Simay,

I checked and it looks like you haven't completed your profile yet. Please complete your profile and click the button to submit it for review. You will be notified of the status of the review via email and a notification on your account within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I want to know if my account is verified. I can't seem to find the verification setting.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths