🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I would like to know if my profile has been a...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Asad,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Asad R wrote:
Is my profile approved or not

Obviously that was a mistake, but thanks for drawing attention to your profile, so the erronous approval can be reversed as soon as the fraud team gets around to it....

Good day, please I want to confirm if my account have been approved... Because I want to upgrade.. my membership.
Best regards.

Hi Samson,

Welcome to Upwork! I can confirm that your account registration has already been accepted. 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs

To learn more about upgrading your membership please follow up on this Help Article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey, when I try to register and click on review application it automatically takes me to the top of the page and not showing any confirmation/denial message. Should there be one, or I am good to go and should wait for my application to be approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonas,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am creating my profile as a freelancer on upwork. It asks me to enter address. It seems the form has error. it asks me to enter address in the first box, then street address in 2n box and house number in 3rd box. The 2md box is non editable. Also it does not allow me to move to next page unitil i enter my address.

it sucks as i entered all information about my education, profile description , past experiences etc and This one filed is stopping me moving ahead. Please fix it ASAP.

Hi Shivangi,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with the text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please note that not all applications to join Upwork are accepted. We will notify you of our decision by email within 24 hours.
OK great, but I haven't received an email saying whether my profile was approved or not and despite numerous googles/searches I can't tell where or not it says on the site whether my profile is "approved".
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Colin,

Your profile is approved and before sending proposals I would recommend completing your profile up to 100%. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I am new to Upwork and finished making my account two days ago. I do not see anything saying, "Profile is under review"; however, I have not received an Email informing me as to whether or not I have been accepted. If anyone is knowledgeable, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi Donovan,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much, Bojan! I will check it out!

Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my account has been approved, new to upwork and I haven’t received an email yet. Thanks

The account is not "under review" after publishing it for reviewal for 24h+. After publishing same "create your profile" page just reloads and I don't see any "under review" message. Added screenshot in the attachments.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ignas,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still being directed to the same page after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have just tried that, it didn't work, any other options?

Hi Ignas,

I checked this for you and City field under your location information is still not filled. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Trying to submit my profile. At the end of process I could not proceed and got an error message "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support" I had even clear my cookies and change browser to no avail.

Kindly help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ido555
Community Member

heres the thing though. it says 

"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

Looking for inspiration? Check out these tips." when i submit my info. and yet apparently you do not receive my info. ive tried on chrome and opera. this is very very frustrating 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ido, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
ido555
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** here is whats happening. the password for the video is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

it just loops back to the same page. i tried different browsers to rule out a cookies/cache problem.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ido,

Please follow the instructions I shared in my previous post:

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application for a review. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i tried clearing the cache and cookies (and everything else) on both chrome and opera to no avail, still same problem.

heres the file again hopefully this time i dont break community guidelines .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation Ido,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with submitting your application. 

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I know that my profile has been approved?

Hi Candice,

Your profile was accepted and you have already sent a few proposals to jobs. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new freelance account. I filled all the information in and arrived at the "review your account" section. I click on the button, the page reloads but goes back to the same point over and over again. In the meantime, I cannot apply for any job because the profile doesn't exist yet.

How do I submit my profile for approval?

Thanks.

Hi Serena,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It worked.

Thank you.

i have been waiting for the past week or so to get my account approved i haven't received any emails or anything about it. i cant seem to find an email for customer support also.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ido,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm a new user and am stuck on the create profile page. I have completed the application in full and each time I click on review application it just loops back to the same page, with no messages or no notifications.

I have tried deleting cookies /cache and also with a different browser with no success.

Appreciate any support or guidance on this issue.

Hi Anthony,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application for a review. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mohamed, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile is accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps you start your career on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, 

I have a client who wants to hire me via upwork. I created a profile and have been waiting for approval for over 2 weeks now. I guess I did something wrong - didn't provide with as many descriptions as needed and similar. Is there a way to have my profile approved, because they (the client) really wants to use upwork?

Thanks,

Marina

Hi Marina,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I made submission again today, however I get no success message (not sure
if that suppose to happen or not) my account stays in the same status.
Would a screencast of submission help?
Thanks,
Marina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths