cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to register

Tamara N Member Since: May 15, 2019
1681 of 2,556
How long does it take for a profile to be approved?
Ace Contributor
Malik S Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
1682 of 2,556

It typically takes 24 hours to review your application and Upwork will notify you if your application is approved or declined.

Tamara N Member Since: May 15, 2019
1683 of 2,556
Hello, We are past the 24 hour mark for approval or denial of my profile. Please advise on the status.
Thankyou.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1684 of 2,556

Hi Tamara, 

I apologise for the delay. I have followed up with the team handling the account reviews so that they can proceed with reviewing your account registration. 

-Avery
Untitled
Anna R Member Since: May 16, 2019
1685 of 2,556

I haven't gotten an email about whether or not I've been accepted on Upwork. I'm also not seeing the message "Your profile is under review" like the Upwork Help Center says I should. I'm not sure what I should do to find out if I'm accepted because I haven't gotten an email.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1686 of 2,556

Hi Anna,

I can confirm that your account has been approved and you already have available connects to apply for jobs on Upwork. Check out this post for some resources that will help you get to a successful start on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Anita S Member Since: May 17, 2019
1687 of 2,556

Hello, I try to register as a freelancer, i fill the form and at the end it looks like I have only the option to become a client. Can someone tells me where I do the mistake to end up there?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1688 of 2,556

Hi Anita,

Just to confirm you have opened the correct profile.

When you`re ready you will need to submit it for a review by clicking on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page. If you`re being directed back to the same page please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

Untitled
Rashmi Y Member Since: May 18, 2019
1689 of 2,556

How would I know that my profile has been approved and I can start the work?

Thanks

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1690 of 2,556

Hi Rashmi,

Congratulations! I would like to confirm that your Upwork account registration was accepted. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork. Hopefully, this will help you kick start your freelancing career on Upwork. 

~ Riri
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS