🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: profile is under review
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes up to 48 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I click review application and the page simply reloads, no confirmation that anything has happened. Additionally there seems to be some type of glitch with the address lines, because everytime I reload the page I have to re-enter / fix the address information. Very frustrating.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hunter,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My application for the account in upwork has been on hold now for almost 2 and a half days while the email from Upwork stated that I will get a reply back within 24 hours. What could be the reason for this? Please kindly help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Qazi,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, you will need to add your City and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,I have a problem. She received such message "Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved"It is almost 48 hours now but the status is still in Under Review. What she can do?

I have the exact same problem...

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nitesh and Rebecca,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Our team will review your profiles as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have exactly the same problem - who can I contact regarding that?

Hi, i have the same problem, Everything was working fine before that and i can't send proposals (Your profile is under review You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.) Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi All,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. If your application is under review for more than 48 hours let us (Moderators) know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's been more than 24 hours since i set up my account on Upwork. I've filled out everything properly but still I can't submit proposals because it says profile is under review. Please help!

Hi! I have the same problem and my profile has been under review for 3 days already. Could you help me with that, please?

Good day, How long will be my account being reviewed, it's already more than 24 hours, nearly 48 hours either, i still haven't received any notifications or emails about my account being reviewed. Thankyou.

Hello! My profile has been under review for over a week
Could you help me check it!?

Thanks

Hi Goran
My profile is “under review” for more than 48 hours. Could you please help?
Thanks

Hi Neelam,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I followed up with our team and your account is accepted now. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

One of my friend is also facing this issue. Can you please check if there is something wrong in his case.

His username is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nandita,

Please keep in mind that sharing credentials or logging in to another account is a serious violation of our TOS.

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send/receive private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', I will send you a PM with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I stumbled upon this thread after realizing that my profile still says it's under review and I will hear back in 24 hours - it has said this for at least a couple of weeks. Could you help to get my profile reviewed?

Thanks,
McKenna

Hi McKenna,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. Our team reviewed your profile and it has already been accepted.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's been two weeks and my profile is still under review. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison, 

I apologise for the delay. I will go ahead and check this with the team so that they can proceed with a review of your profile registration. If there's a need, a member of Customer Support Team may reach out to you through an email to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My Friend profile also under review for last 72 hours. His email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Could you please help to check?

Hi Mayuran,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand. I will forward your friend's account information with the team so that they can proceed with reviewing the account. Kindly let your friend know to expect an update about their account registration soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My profile is also under review for over 48hours.

Same here. I think my profile has been reviewed for over 48 hours now.

I have also face the same problem...it is almost 48 hours but till now the profile is not verified....I request you to upwork please do something.
Thanxk you.

My profile is still under review, and it has been more than 48 hours.
It is normally supposed to take only 24 hours as it is stated.

The message says that I should hear back within 24 hours, but it's been about 24hrs and I'm still under review. How long does this usually take? Is there something you could do or I should do?

Can someone please assist with my ‘profile under review’ issue. Has been almost 48 hours now with no notification of approval - still just displaying that my profile is under review and that I will hear back within 24 hours. Thanks guys 🙂

Hello!

I have the save problem "

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

But almost 3 days has passed 

Hi All,

Our team will review your applications as soon as possible and reach out with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How long will it be?

EDIT: Thanks Goran, my account is already active now 🙂 kudos2x

Hi, my profile has been under review for the past week or so. Any update on when the verification will be done so that I can start working?

Thanks

Hi Daniel, 

I'll go ahead and follow up your account with the team so that they can proceed with their review of your account registration. I apologise for the inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
bullsized
Community Member

I'm sorry, can you that for my account as well? Because I've been waiting for more than a week now...

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry about the delay. I'm happy to confirm that your profile is now accepted. If you haven't already, please ready through the freelancer section of this thread to help you get started on Upwork. If you need any assistance or have some questions, please let us know, we're always here to help. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

My profile has been under review for the past week, could you please help me?

Thanks!

Hi Patricia,

I'm happy to inform you that your profile has been approved. You may want to check out this thread to help you get started, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths