🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Pending Approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Markus,

It can take 24 to 48 hours for the review to be completed once you submit your application.
Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'am trying to create a new profile on Upwork. I completed all the needed information but still don't have option to submit my profile. I have only next options "Review Application", "Create Client Account Instead" and "Delete My Account". Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Attaching a screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alex,

If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application to submit your profile for review.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How/when do I get past   the approval page process?

Hi Andrew,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I've tried three browser's and no luck. It just keeps staying on the

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Please start typing your address in the field that says "Start Typing your Address" and chose one of the drop-down suggestions. This should auto populate each field along with the city and allow you to submit your application for a review. If you experience any problems again, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi guys I've been waiting for more than a week now for the approval of my application, still in pending, why is that?

Hi Irina,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi guys, there is no clear message what is wrong with my profile:
I have only this message:

We've hidden your profile because it does not meet the following Upwork guidelines. You will not be able to submit proposals until these issues are fixed. 

Can somebody help me?

Hi Dmytro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details about your account and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I just resubmitted my profile after getting rejected. Now I am unable to know if it’s approved or not. My profile isn’t displaying any message that if it’s under review or rejected.

Can someone please check if my profile is approved or not...

Lots of Thanks in advance.

Hi Aleeha,

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. I see that you have also already sent a proposal. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Riri

hi it's been more than 48 hours now, and my account still didn't approved. is that normal ?

re: "hi it's been more than 48 hours now, and my account still didn't approved. is that normal ?"

Yes.

This is normal.

48 hours is NOT how long it takes for an account to be approved.

48 hours is a goal that somebody once set for how long they would like it to take, and then somebody else wrote that goal into a message that is displayed to prospective new freelancers.

It's the weekend. Quite likely nobody is working on this over the weekend.

It might take 2 business days, not 48 hours. It might take a week. Be patient.

Hi Yassin,

I checked your account and there is an incorrect spelling on your title. You also need to add skills and provide more information regarding your skills and experience on your profile overview section. For your reference, please check out the following links:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

After updating your profile, please resubmit it for review. Hope this helps!

~ Joanne
Upwork

How i check my account is approved or verified ???

Hi Jeff,

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. I see that you have also already sent a proposal. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Riri

Hello,I have sent an application on Thursday evening but no one review it since then.I haven’t received any email or message in order to find out if my application was approved or declined.What should I do?

Hi Gabriela,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

How could i Confirm..Either my Upwork Account is Approved or Not??

Hi Muhammad Saad,

Your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to set up an account and I am having trouble with the address box. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathi,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with the text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The system will not accept my address and keeps changing it to another city. I tried messaging a moderator because that was the solution posted in the forum, but the system says I do not have that priviledge or ability.

Hi Lydia,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I set up a freelance profile yesterday. After hitting "Review Application," the profile setup page basically refreshed, but with the following message on top:

"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)." Does this mean that the profile is currently under review or did I end up in a buggy loop? I didn't receive any confirmation email from Upwork, so I'm guessing it's a bug rather than the profile being reviewed. If not, the UX could probably be improved here... In any case, I'd be greatful for ideas on how to interpret this/what to do. Thanks! 

Hi Janina,

If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran, 

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, those suggestions don't help, I had tried them before asking the community (i.e., hit "Review Application," empty cache/delete cookies, use Chrome, Firefox, Brave). Attached is a screenshot of the message I end up with. Do you have any other suggestions? Or does it just mean my profile is actually under review? Thanks! 

Best, 

Janina 

Hi Janina,

Unfortunately no, your application is not submitted for a review. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great, thank you! 

Best, Janina

I've made my new account, verified, logged in, and I'm trying to make the freelance application but whatever I do, I can't enter my street address. I've tried the autofill, I've tried manually typing it, but it's still greyed out. I can't continue the application at all. Any help is appreciated. 

Hi Sarah,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are describing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with the text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good day Upwork community,

I have created an upwork account for almost two weeeks, however I still haven't receive any emails from Upwork stating whether my account is approved or declined. I need help on this matter and hopefuly I will receive a confirmation email asap.

Thank you very much.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ng,

I checked your account and I can see that you`ve successfully submitted your application for a review. If you do not receive any notifications in 24 hours about your application let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Noted, thanks for the update.
Have a nice day ahead. : )

Hi Goran,

It's been almost 24 hrs I still haven't receive any notification about my application result. Really appreciate it if you could lend a hand by checking on this. Thank you.

Hi Ng,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed with our team handling your case and you can expect an update soon. You will be notified of our team's response. We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i have no idea how to submit my a pplication? its just says review and not submit.

Hi Tenielle, 

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths