🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't complete profile
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello, I'm new to upwork. I've worked for a private company as virtual assistant. Before 2 months I've signed up in upwork and submitted my application for review. Upwork says virtual assistant doesn't have marketplace. I'm back after 2 months and need to virtual assistant skills is available or not?

Hi Siva,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Please complete your profile and click the button to submit it for review. You will be notified of the status of the review via email and a notification on your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello i've submitted my profile 12 hours ago and it's under approval, is it possible?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rimas, 

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please complete your profile and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rimasp96
Community Member

Yes, i've done everything how you mentioned, and i receive this
description: If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile
you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it
after approval). So i don't know what to do, cause every time i submit to
review my application, i receive this description and i can wait without
ending.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Rimas.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your application process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have received no communication of whether my profile has been approved or not! It's been 4+ days.

I keep seeing this message below the fold: "See what your profile will look like to prospective clients if your application to join is approved."

Please help

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

So I am on the create your profile page. I've filled all the information required, then when I click on the review button the page refreshes and it comes back on the create your profile page and the city field becomes empty. Even if I fill it and click on Review Application it just refreshes the page and the same thing happens.

Here is a loom recording of what happens, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks in advance.

Hi Markus,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application for a review. If you`re still having problems with it let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tried clearing the cookies and cache as well, its still not working.

Sunny H wrote:

I tried clearing the cookies and cache as well, its still not working.

Sunny, I just viewed your Profile so hoping all's well for you now.

So does that mean my profile is fine and is working?

If I'm able to view it, I'd say it's fine.  However, I'm not an Upwork employee; I'm a Freelancer. 

For additional assistance you may wish to PM (private message) a Moderator.  It appears that Vladimir is currently working.

Hi Sunny,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
My profile still under review status for almost three weeks. May I know my account has been accepted or declined ? Thank you.

Evidently it's been accepted as I just viewed it.

Hi Pat,
I've tried logged out and logged back in, unfortunately my profile is still under reviewed. What should I do next ?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know how I'm able to view it if it's under review.  I suggest you PM (private message) a Moderator for further assistance.  It appears that Vladimir is currently working. 

Thanks again for your help Pat.
Have a great day ahead. : )
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ng,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ngkaryi
Community Member

Thanks for the update Bojan! 🙂

I've added all required information, still no update so far.

Hi Inzimam,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button and please, make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the "City" field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I opened an account recently and still waiting for approval. How long does it generally take for an account to be approved?

Thanks

Hi Rabia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am trying to sign up, I keep hitting the verify button and nothing is happening, can someone please help?

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. You are required to fill out the Country field and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

That doesn't help. I have my profile done. I click on "continue" the box pops up to verify my phone number. I put my number in, click the button and nothing happens. I've done this on mobile, Chrome and Edge and they all do the same thing. The number is correct, but it isn't even telling me it sent it, just acting like I didn't even click the button.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksander,

I don't see anything when I click that link.

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

One of our team members will reach out to you in a timely manner which will be displayed on this link. We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksander,

It has been 2 days and nothing is in my requests yet. Is there a number I could call or somehow someone could actually reach out to me?

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I recently submitted my request as seller but my request is still pending. How long it can take for the approval?

Hi Kashif,

We've looked into your account and saw that you haven't completed the registration yet. Please review your information, add your City and click Review ApplicationLet us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I've selected my city from the drop-down menu but message "Please select a city from the list" remains and I am unable to complete my profile.

Hi Kenn,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I want to get my upwork account approved , help me thanks

Daim M wrote:

I want to get my upwork account approved , help me thanks

it's already approved

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths