🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile not approved
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

I am using upwork since past few days. I am able to send proposals and also able to give tests.

I have got a rising talent badge also, but still, I am confused a bit that whether my profile is approved or not.

Hi Naman,

Are you wondering why you can't work as an independent freelancer? If yes, that is because you`re an exclusive member of your agency. 

Exclusive members can work only on contracts from the agency, if you would like to work as an independent freelancer the agency owner will need to change your status to Non-Exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear team,

I have created my profile and completed the same.

I pressed review application button and thereater nothing is coming. I wish to submit my application for approval and list my pofile for work on upwork.com. Please guide. My email ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Markus,

If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The user interface on the page where you create your profile is, frankly, lousy. It needs a lot of refinement, it's buggy too.

If you are hitting the "review" button and essentially nothing happens, here's the trick.

When the page asks you what city you are in you HAVE to select it from the drop down menu. Start typing your city in the field and you should see a list of suggestions pop down below. Select your city. 

Then when you hit the review button it should work and you will be able to submit your profile.

How can I Know that my profile is approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aqib, 

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When creating a profile, clicking the review application button at the bottom of the page just sends me back to the top of the page. It doesn't say I have any errors in my application so there is nothing for me to fix. I can't find anyway of contacting a customer service agent to ask about this problem. Any help please.

Hi Cameron,

Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed (upon checking Location Information section is still not completed) and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Additionally, you may clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please help how to know if I'm already approved. I didn't receive a message from upwork but I can't also see the window pane that says resubmit your profile. Can you check please if I'm approved already? Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maido,

I checked your profile and can confirm that your application was accepted, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. I didn't know it was approved. 

Hi,

How can I find out if my account is approved please?

Jo

Hi Joanne,

Yes, your profile was accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Many thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi M.,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I see in forum nobday't account is approved , so my account will not approve too ))

Hi Julien,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have created my profile 3 days back but still, my profile is not approved. May I know the reason?

Rankinguru S wrote:

May I know the reason?

Other than the fact that it does not comply with Upwork rules you mean?

You must not have your profile in a company name, it must be in your own, legal name.

You must not offer the services of a company on your profile, you would need to create an agency to do that and each team member would need their own profile which would also have to be submitted for approval.

Hi Rankinguru,

In addition to Petra informatin, I would like to confirm that you still haven't submitted your application for a review. 

Once you have updated your profile click on the Review Application button. If you`re directed on the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why I can not insert any information for do my account. Blok any thing I write inside and not save nothing.

What I can to do?

Thanks. Marco

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marco,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, log into your account, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Additionally, you may clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Every time I visit the website and log in, I'm only stuck on "create your profile" page. Nothing is highlighted in red, needing to be fixed.

Not sure if my profile is being reviewed or if I've found a bug.

Help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kirk,

Please, make sure all the fields are completed within your application form and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.
I'm new in UpWork, and I'm trying to registration.
I filled in my profile (description, hourly rate, skills, employment history, and education) and that's all 😞
I can't fill up my portfolio, video, and certificate).
How can I fix this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Roma,

You will need to submit your application for a review and then you will be taken to the next window where you can see the portfolio and certification section.

At the moment you can only add certifications that are on our list Here, if your certification is not the list you can add it as a portfolio item.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

Im new to upwork and have just completed my application. May I know if my applciation is apporoved? Since I don't recevied any confirmation..Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeany Yana

Hi Jeany,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your profile is still under review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have completed my freelancer profile associated with my work email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
However I do not understand if the profile is under review for publication or it contains some errors that I need to fix.
Could you please help me?

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button and please, make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the "City" field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I registered a few days ago and haven't received any update regarding my profile. I noticed that I had not filled in the 'City' column and every time I fill in the blank and click on 'Review Application', the page refreshes and the column is once again blank. All other information has been filled in correctly. Please let me know what I should be doing.

Thank you,

Regards.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Razi, 

I wanted to check if this happens if you use a Google Chrome or Firefox browser? Let me know if the issue persists so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply. I figured out what the issue was, I had to select the city from the drop down box, rather than type it out. I have subimitted the application now. Hope it gets approved in 24 hours.

Thanks again!

Hello Everybody,

I just wanna know that what to do if a profile is not being approved even by waiting for it so long ?

Hi Wajahat,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem. My profile has been under review for over 48 hours.

Hi Sebastian, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have submitted my profile yesterday, it was showing "your account was under review". But now it is not showing that and I did not get any email regarding approval of my account. Where can I check if my account is approved or not.

Please help.

Regards,

Asif Syed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths