🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I know that my profile is approve...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Is there an email confirmation if my profile has been approved or not?

Hi, could you please inform me about the status of my account? After submitting my application I was brought back to the searching page with the following notification "Congrats, you're now part of Upwork! Tips to get started" and I'm not sure if that's suppose to mean I was accepted or not. Thanks!

Hi Rissalyn,

I checked and it seems that you are yet to submit your profile for review. Please, make sure all the fields are completed within your application form and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Hi Ali,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. Could you please inform me about the status of my account? I received an email with the subject, “Your profile's live! Now make sure it gets seen,” but I am not sure if this means that my account has been approved. Thank you.

Hi Eric,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I was hoping to determine whether or not my application has been accepted, and if I am eligible to start submitting proposals.

Thank you!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Greg,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

Sorry to bother you. I haven’t received any email on if my account has been approved or denied. Could you tell me what I need to do to ensure my account is approved and ready to go?

Thanks and have a great day!
Sean

Hi Sean, 

I checked your account, and can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Hopefully this helps you familiarize yourself with Upwork. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
g_mcveay
Community Member

Hello,
I have been creating my profile last week, with all information required.
I have then clicked on "Review Application"... but since then, when I log in, it only comes back to the profile and indicates "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."
Could you possibly let me know what should I do to get my profile confirmed and move forward to get some freelance work please?
Thank you,
Geraldine

Hi Geraldine,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Avery , 

i just finished setting up my upwork profile and i am wondering if it is approved because i can see 20available connects as well as i didn't receive any email from upwork .

thanks for your time ,

-Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to Upwork!

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. For tips on getting started & finding work, check out this great guide. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. We could advise you to submit proposals only for jobs you are sure to have the required skills set and experience for. Feel free to contact us for any further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Alexandar , i really appreciate your help

Hello, 

Can I know if my profile is activated? I have submitted it and it looks all fine - I can send proposals, I have connections, but I never got confirmation e-mail, so I just want to be sure.

Thank you!

Hi Atanas,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jess-woods
Community Member

I can't see if my application has been approved either, my application is just stuck on the 'review application' page and I can't seem to submit it?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jess,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your application process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
euqariot
Community Member

Can I ask if my profile was approved ?

Hi Olexandr, 

Your profile has now been approved. Welcome to Upwork! For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Hope these help, and good luck!

~ Riri

My friend has a problem about his profile, he can’t post, reply, and response to any email of support upwork. Currently, he has a problem with his payment and can’t reach to support anywhere. Moreover, his profile’s approval has not been accepted by upwork. It would be appreciated, if there was anyone available to help out his issues.

Hi Pon,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

May I ask if my profile is approved, or not?

Hi Watchapol, 

Your profile is approved. I see that you have already completed a contract and has submitted several proposals.  For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. Let us know if anything comes up.

~ Riri

Is my Upwork profile approved?

Hi Pritesh,

I've looked into your account and saw that it wasn't submitted yet. Please review your information, add your City and click Review Application. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Looking for some assistance from Upwork and this thread seems to be the place to do so where it concerns profile acceptance. First off thank you for your time.

The problem I have is that I've created my profile before the weekend and assumed the 24 hour review / acceptance timer might've been office hours only so I simply waited. So far, nothing's happened yet.

I've filled in the required boxes so to speak and submitted it for review. Checked the support page, asked the upwork bot and kept a close eye on my e-mail but sadly, nothing to inspire confidence yet. Hence I ask here and hope everything went alright with my application for membership of the site.

Should you require any further information please let me know.

Hi Tim,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please add your City and go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Not sure who Markus is but Goran V. your response helped me out.

Turns out that clearing my webbrower cache did the trick in solving the issue with redirecting. I was now able to submit in full and got the coveted or dreaded ''Under Review'' status.

Cheers for the assistance. The wait begins.

Hi Tim,

I`m sorry about the confusion with the names. I`m glad that it helped you in submitting your application, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aayushi-patni
Community Member

I want to know my profile is approved or not

Hi Aayushi,

Your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I wanna know if my profile is approved or not yet please?

Thank you ❤️

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abd-AlRahman,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem as several people before, I can only review my profile but not submit it for approval. I've tried several browsers, but I can't get another option. Would you look into this please?

Kind regards
Thilo

Hi Thilo,

You will need to add your city to your address before you can submit your application for a review. Once you`re ready please click on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page. 
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I always add my city, and when I hit review
application I get directed back to the same page and the city is cleared! I
have already tried other browsers and deleted the cache, it's always the
same!

Thank you for the follow up Thilo,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and assist you further with your application.

~ Goran
Upwork
sumaiya-akhter
Community Member

Hello,

How can I know that my account is approved or not ?
Please reply.

Thank you

Hi Sumaiya,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already started sending proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths