🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » APPROVAL OF PROFILE
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia Anne,

I checked your account and it was accepted. As an exclusive member of the agency, you won't be able to use your freelancer membership plan/connects. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under the agency.

You can find more information about it here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm not sure what is happening, but I don't appear to be the first person with this specific issue.

My Upwork profile never received approval nor rejection. My profile page still says I am under review, but I subtmitted weeks ago. What's happening? 

I hope someone here can help.

Hi Haley, 

It looks like your account registration has already been approved. I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

I hope these help, and welcome to Upwork, Haley!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery O,

My profile still says that I am awaiting approval, and I haven't received an approval email from Upwork. Perhaps something has gotten crossed in the system?

-Haley

Hi Haley, 

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have submitted my upwork account related to my company but it is still not activated. I have submitted this 16 July, 2019.

Please let me know about when my upwork account will be activated?

Thanks
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear community,

It has been 4 days that I have created my account. I did not receive any mail telling me to wait for approval or anything related to this. 

All I see when I go to the main website is the page of creation of my profile with this header:
"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)." 

I would like to know what is the status of my account? Is it in approval phase? if yes, is it normal that it takes more than 4 days?

Many thanks for your help 🙂

Hi Ayyoub,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well, I did it before but it was onboarding me on the same page with the same header. Anyway, now it is surely sent for approval!

Thanks  a lot 🙂

Whenever i login in it takes me to the create my profile page since last 3 days.

Hi Abdul,

You will need to add your city to your address before you can submit your application for a review. Once you're ready please click on the Review Application button at the bottom of the page. 
If you're directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello there guys i have submited my account on a review 1 week ago and still haven't received any email if it was rejected or not.

Hi Spyros,

I checked your account and can see that you are yet to submit it for review. You are also yet to fill in your City field in the address section of your account application. When you click on Review Application, all the things highlighted in red needs to be reviewed. Once you have updated your profile accordingly, you can submit it for the team’s review. Please know that profile reviews may take from 24-48 hours. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks aleksandar 

The strange thing is that i did fill it and didn't have any errors on my first try but i could not continue.

For some reason now i can do it normally.
Thanks

Hello, i want to know if my profile is approved or not.

Hi Mert, 

It looks like your account registration has already been approved. I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

I hope these help, and welcome to Upwork, Mert!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

where i see my account is approved or not? 

Hi Iqra,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I tried creating my profile but everytime when I click on "review application", nothing happens. I cannot seem to be able to check if my profile is being reviewed or not.

Please kindly help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fiona, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have already submitted my profile for review about an hour ago. I
couldn't get any email about approval yet. But I can submit proposals for
contracts. Does that mean that I have been approved?

I’ve received an email saying my profile is live. But when I try to submit a proposal it keeps saying I need to complete my profile. If I click on the link it just takes me back to the job search page.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoe,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi ,

I am unable to find out if my profile has been approved or not. Please do help me with regards to the same. 

Regards,

Vidhya.

Hi Vidhya,

~ Goran
Upwork

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?

Hi Sarmad,

You still haven't submitted your application for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear All,

My profile is under review for more than 3 months. Is it normal? Do you know any contacts of support team?

Thanks

Hi Nathalie,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,
I think I have already submitted, please see a picture attached.

If not correct, I can't find anywhere else THE submit button.

Please advise

Hi Nathalie,

Yes your application is now submitted and once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. How do I know if my profile has been approved please? Thank you. 

Hi Aviance,

I checked and you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good Day!I'm Bryle, I wanted to confirm if my application to join Upwork was successful. I received an email that says:

"Dear Bryle Mitchelle,
Congratulations! You now have access to eager clients wanting to engage your specialized skill set."

If the answer is yes, can anybody enlighten me on how do I start from there aside from submitting proposals to possible clients that I may work with. Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryle Mitchelle,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. Pay attention to the Safety First! section, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, as these will help you work safely on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I submitted my profile long ago but I still didn't get verification. Can I figure out what's the problem?

Hi Yaroslava,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've done all that but still something's wrong and I don't receive an approval

Hi Yaroslava,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths