🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi I created a new profile today ,but when i hit the review application button, it redirects to the same create profile page. I tried in incognito mode or for that matter tried it in a different browser but the issue remained same.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bhuvanesh N,

Please, log into your account and make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Additionally, you may clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork
bdevadiga
Community Member

I did try everything but the result is still the same. The page is redirecting back to the create profile page only.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bhuvanesh N,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your application process.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I want to know if my profile is approved. Thanks!

Check your mailbox. You should receive a welcome message if your profile is approved. 

Hi El,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. Please check out the this thread and read through the freelancer section to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have tried to submit my profile two days ago, received a 24 hr profile review. But it has been more than 24 hrs now and the prompt is still there. 

Hi Emily, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile is being reviewed. If you don't see any information about the status of your account registration within 24 to 48 hours, you can come back here so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

So for the past two days, my profile did not get varified, and finally today morning I got the replied and it got rejected. I made some changes again and then submitted it again, and it got sent for verification, but now it does not show me a message on top of my feed saying "Profile is under verification and we'll get back to you in 24h".

I did not even get a mail or anything regarding verification or anything. So I wanted to know if my profile got verified or not.

Thank you.

Hi Jainil, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, How to know or check if my profile was already approved? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John Dave,

I checked this for you and your profile was accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

It has been 10 days since I first said I could not submit my profile. I completed my profile, but there is no way to submit it. I was told it was a technical problem you are working on. Please let me kmow the status.

Hi Andrew,

I can imagine that it is frustrating for you to have to wait this long to submit your profile and I apologize for that. I've followed up with the team just now, requesting that they provide you with an update on this situation and they will be reaching out to you shortloy.

~Nina

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

Hi Ella,

Please add your city as well and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks but none of that worked. Any other suggestions?

Hi Ella,

Your city is still missing from your address and that is the reason why you can't submit your application for a review. Please add your city on your profile and click on the green button Review Application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've typed in my city about ten times now, Goran. Every time the page refreshes and it disappears. Asks me to type in my city again. 

Hi Ella,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with submitting your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have made my profile 10 days before but still i am not able to submit my profile. when i tried to submit same page redirect again. plz help me
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ajay, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hi Alagi, 

I can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

How do i know if my profile is approved

Hi Pooja,

You'll receive an email from Upwork.

Hi Pooja,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nagesh,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am new to Upwork and I am a professional translator, and been in this field for at least a year now. However, my profile got rejected. How do I get it approved? Do I need to show my portfolio in order for the approvers to believe? Thanks.

Hi Melchi,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I recently joined upwork because I found some interesting jobs. I did all my application and entered all my data and have been waiting for more than 2 weeks. I dont get any feedback from upwork and the bot is not really helping me out.

How long does it take to get accepted ?

Hi Raul,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mate,

I am a professional Blog Writer. I tried joining, but Upwork does not Approve my account.

Please Help me if you have any suggestion.

Thanks.

Hi WenTao,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I registered my account and made my profile for more 24 hours. And I didn't receive any mail from upwork to know the status of my profile?
so what can I do??

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdelrahman,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. Please add your city in your address as well and if you`re ready go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

how to know if my profile has been approved or not ?

Hi Noha,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Feel free to start sending proposals on projects. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths