🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
mai_phung
Community Member

Hi,

Could you help me to check my account approval also?

Thank you in advacne!

Best regards,

Hi Phung,

Your application is under review at the moment. Please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, 

How would I know if my account is approved? 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ethel,

It looks like you hasn't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form, complete the information required under the Location section of the application form and submit it for the review.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I have waited 48 h and i cant see if my account has been approved. I still havent gotten any email from upwork, can somebody please tell me if it has been approved?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to know if my profile is approved or not on upwork. Please revert

Hi Nilesh,

I checked your account and see that you haven't submitted your profile for review yet. Please click on the "Review Application" button and make sure that you have filled all sections. When I checked, you haven't added your city. Once everything is complete, you should see the submit application button. If you need further help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nilesh4u
Community Member

Thank you for your helpfull reply

I have created an account and selected the “review my application” tab (I don’t know whether if it got submitted or not). This was done 1 or 2 days ago and I haven’t received any email saying whether if I got approved or not.
Please advise

Hi Jana,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have filled in everything. It doesn't seem to be submitting the application.

Hi Jana,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that the City field is still not filled in. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,
I recently applied to join Upwork as a freelancer and it says usual email response time on whether you are approved or declined should be 24h. Its been 4 days and yet to receive any email from Upwork. Also my profile does not even say “under review” .
Anyone knows why? Please help soon!

Hi Panayiotis,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

How to Know my Profile is approved or not?

Hi Md,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have filled in the whole application form and clicked on review my application...it takes me back to my application and it’s not redirecting even though everything is filled out ...

Hi Jana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I applied 2 weeks ago and I see only "if application gets approved it will become the public profile......." does it mean that my application is under review or do I have to take some other actions?

Hi Lela,

Your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I want to know if my profile has been approved. I recently just got an email saying that my profile is now live and I have to give it some extra love. Thanks

Ivan L wrote:

Hi, I want to know if my profile has been approved. I recently just got an email saying that my profile is now live and I have to give it some extra love. Thanks

Truth. Your profile is too sparse to be captivating to serious clients.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

Upon checking, you need to update your profile overview and title, to clearly describe any specific skill and experience you might have. Once you finish, please resubmit profile for review.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. I am new here. I have joined upwork a week ago but I am unable to submit proposals. The "submit a proposal" button is grayed out and unresponsive. And there's a message saying "You must complete your profile before you can submit a proposal" which I have already done.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elisabeth,

You haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form. Complete the information required under the Location section of the application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's been 3 days i have submitted the portfolio and still under review.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jay, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi am not sure my profile approved or not am able to. Send proposals and able to buy connection but I didn't recieved any email or notification that my profile approved or declined

Hi Muhammad Umer you need to wait for the notification or email to make ensure your profile is approved by Upwork Team.

Hi Muhammad Umer,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved or not? What more info I need to provide?

I filled up almost everything

Masum R wrote:

How can I know that my profile is approved or not? What more info I need to provide?

I filled up almost everything

They are doing you a favor and saving you a lot of frustrations (and clients for that matter) if they just reject you.

Hi Masum,

Your profile is accepted. Please, choose one of our membership plans in order to be able to start bidding on projects. Also, I checked this for you and looks like City field under your address information is still not filled. Please, log in to your account and fill all the fields under your location information.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients.

It is more than 3 days.Can you check it? 

Hi Huseyn,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I just created my profile on upwork. HOw can I know if the profile is approved 

Hi Vrushali,

I checked this for you and you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. You didn't complete all the information required under the Location section of the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, Sorry for the delay in replying. I have submitted my application today.

Thank you for following up, Vrushali. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

We wish you a positive outcome with this!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths