🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to activate upwork account? What is the v...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi, I've created an upwork account 3 days before, and when I try to check if it's approved, it says "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)." in the "Create your profile" page. I cannot access upwork features, what shall I do?

Hi Ignas,

You will need to add your City in your address before you`re able to submit your application for a review. Once you`re ready go to the bottom of the page and click on the Review Application button.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm kinda new in this platforn. I was wondering how do I know my profile is approved or not?. Can anyone help me with that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abid,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).I amseeing this message from previous 5 days . what should i do now?Why it is taking too much time to review profile . 

Hi Mlan, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! I'm just wondering how and when will I know that my profile is approved? It has been days and I got no notice.

Hi! Raisa,

Normally it took 24 hours, and you will recieved a mail notification, also on your profile page it is appears a popup that your profile is approved or not.

Please check your active email id for Upwork notification.

Thanks.

Hi Raisa, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi thank you for replying! But I already filled the city portion and
everytime I sumbit it for review it comes back to the creat porfile and the
city portion is missing again? What does that mean? It's not correct? My
first submission was sept 4 2019.

Thank you for the follow up Raisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. 

~ Goran
Upwork

My UpWork account is linked to my work account but I'm leaving this job and need it to link to my personal account. Every time I go to try and edit anything it just takes me to the profile and I can edit that and click 'review profile' but there are no other options. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maya, 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account. Once you've submitted your profile, you should be able to access your Settings page and edit your email address from there. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear All,
My profile has been under review for the past week. I tried to add as much information as possible however there is still no update. Can anyone help with advice?

Thank you

Hi Adriana,

Our team will review your profile as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you very much.

Hi to everyone,
1.I've a little issue.At first attempt i had problem with authorization and message popped up then i change my skills.Then second time upwork again rejected my authorization process and third time a change some settings i do not remember,somehow mistake disappear and now i could submit proposal.

Did i  pass process of authorization by upwork?

2.How could i know my proposal is rejected or accepted by client ? 

Hi Ulugbek,

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile is accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Additionally, feel free to check out also these resources we put together to help Freelancers get a safe and successful start:

For your second question, after the client declines the proposal, you will receive a notification about it. If the proposal is accepted and the client sends you the offer, the system will create a message room between you and the client so that you two can discuss more details about the project.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi everyone,

How can I know that my upwork profile is approved ?

I recieved this message yesterday

Congrats, you're now part of Upwork! Tips to get started:

You'll win more jobs by using the Upwork app. Get the app.

Submit eye-catching proposals. And remember, it can often take more than 5 proposals to win your first client.

Read up on Upwork Payment Protection for working through Upwork

Hi Mr,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

Need your help.  I've just edited my profile and I don't know where to submit it for approval.  Can anyone help me?

Belessings,

Deusebio

Hi Dionisia, 

I checked your account, and can see that you are yet to fill in your address in the Contact Info page of your account. Kindly click on the edit button (pencil icon) of the Location section, and fill-in your address. Once done, your profile should be received by the team for their review.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’ve just updated my contact info, where can I resubmit my profile to be approve?
Many thanks again.

Hi Dionisia, 

I checked your account and it looks like you should be able to send out proposals already. If you go through any specific issues with your account, you can come back here, and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Required Connects to submit a proposal: 2

I dont know the solution for this. please help I can not  submit a proposal

Hi Raymond,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the review on your application to be completed. Once it's completed our team will reach out to you with the results. If you`re accepted you will be able to start sending proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork on Aug 30 but it's still showing as "Your application is under review".

Can somebody please help me to resolve this?

Regards

Jitendra

Hi Jitendra,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Our team will review your profile as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran for the quick response.

Hello there,

I created my account yesterday and it had been arround 20 hours since then. Now I was looking forward to compleate my profile and hopefully to start expanding my network and the number of clients, but I did not recieve any mail yet regarding my account.

Do you know how much time it takes for the application to be approved?

Regards,

Bogdan Munteanu

Hi Bogdan,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, please enter your city in the "City" field and go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser.

Regarding your question, it can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much for the information from above. I just submitted my application and now I'll wait for approvel.

Regards,

Bogdan Munteanu

Hello,

Please let me know if my profile is approved or rejected?

Thanks

Hi Rohan,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much Bojan 🙂

.How to activate upwork account? What is the verification process involved in it?

Hi Deepu,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment.

The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am a WordPress developer. 

I really want to get my profile approved and start working on Upwork. 

But I got this message below today. Could you please help me fix the issues that I am having on my profile.?

Thank you

Your profile requires changes

We've hidden your profile because it does not meet the following Upwork guidelines. You will not be able to submit proposals until these issues are fixed. Check these support messages for more details.

Please edit your profile and then resubmit for review.' I tried several times with some changes of my skill but I can't submit.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Azizi.

Hi Sujin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, 

I recently created my account on Upwork, everything is fine except for im not allowed to submit, the option keeps letting me review my application. 

What should I do? Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths