🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile URL not visible
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Thao,

If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Heyyy,

I got it done by doing it in another browser! Thank you!

Hi. I couldn’t view my profile. It is currently being reviewed (I just signed up), but a potential employer is waiting for my profile URL. Can you please help?

Hi Josephine,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser.

Once your application is accepted you will be able to send proposals and receive invitations to jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I was able to figure it out.

Hi there!

Can you help me please?

I have been waiting for approving my profile already for many days.

Maybe you may somehow speed up this process

Best regards,

Dmitry

leyre1988
Community Member

Hello.

In my case, I opened the account in 2017 but never used it until now.

I guess you have to be patient, just don´t give up and keep trying.

A friend of mine got it approved on the 5th attempt.

Sometimes, the market is saturated, so there is no room for more freelancers.

Best,

Leyre

dblkv
Community Member

I get neither refusal nor confirmation. they just don't say anything.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry, and Artemy,

Dmitry, It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Artemy, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I checked your Profile. 

If it's approved then why you require to resend ?

I haven't received any confirmation email yet but my profile doesn't show 'Under review'. Is there a way to verify if my profile is approved?

Hi Prince,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I want to review my profile, but its stuck. I already did changes in profile but still its stuck

Madiha J wrote:

Hi, I want to review my profile, but its stuck. I already did changes in profile but still its stuck

Review what? Stuck where?

Your profile looks active from MY end. Missing description, but I CAN access it.

When in need, doesn't hurt to be more specific. Helps.

Hi Madiha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you haven't submitted your profile for review. Are you receiving an error while trying to submit your profile? If so, please send us more information about the error. Also, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

HI,

I am unable to see my connects. Because it is showing " Your profile is not yet approved". and from last 4-5 days, I did not receive any email. and I also did not find any way to contact customer support. There is no email or chat option for contacting customer support.

Hi Ahmad,

You`re an exclusive member of the agency, this means you can only work on projects under the agency.
If you would like to work as an independent freelancer as well, the agency owner will need to change your status to Non-Exclusive member. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi all,

I created my profile last Wednesday(11th of Sept) and it still has not to be approved. I am wondering if I did something wrong? When I log in, the message says that my application will be reviewed and I will receive an answer from Upwork in the next 24 hours, but it's been 5 days without a word from Upwork already.

Any tips?

Cheers,

T

Hi Markus,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, you will need to add your city and go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I know if my Upwork application has been approved? I did not receive any emails like before where I didn't qualify.

Hi John,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi team Upwork, I would like to know if my profile is approved?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iskra, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration is accepted. I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

I hope these help, Iskra! Good luck, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi team upwork, I want to know if my profile is approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iskra, 

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent a proposal for the project. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

I have been stuck on creating new profile for a couple of days now. After clicking "review application" nothing happens. I read that trying to clear the browser cache would help it or even trying another browser. Unfortunately no success there. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Timocin

Hi Timocin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your application process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have filled all required information and and passed the readiness test but my account always ask something for approval.

Anyone can help me with this? Thanks for million.Untitled.jpg

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Le, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I follow your instruction and it works.

Thank you very much.

Quyen

Hi Ghufran,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Lorizelle,

Your application is still under review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

I've created my account some weeks ago but I'm still waiting for my profile to be approved.

Would I have any news about it please?

Thanks in advance

petra_r
Community Member

It looks like your profile has not been submitted for review, which is a good thing because it is a mess and needs some serious work to get approved and then win any jobs.

98% of all profiles are rejected and the vast majority of the ones which are accepted never earn a single Dollar. 

jpvega85
Community Member

hahaha.

Let's see what happen now. I have sent again from another browser.

Finger crossed.

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Pedro,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths