🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can i know my profile is activated or not
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

HI,

I created a new freelancer Profile on Upwork 5 days back.

Everytime I login it takes me to 'Create your Profile' page, with the details of my profile which I have added.

How do I ensure that my profile is submitted for review? I didnt get any message saying that my application is under review.

Please help.

Thanks,

Natashaa

Hi Natasha,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have been able to Submit the application now. Thanks again. 

hey,
I just want to know that if my account verified or not? and if my account is verified then when will i get my identification link?

Hi Manish,

Your profile was accepted and you can start bidding on projects. Currently, you are not required to complete any verification process. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you So much!

Hello, how can I know my profile is approved or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Minu,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs.

Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey guys. Please I'd appreciate if someone could confirm my profile's approval.

TIA.

Hi Ibrahim,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good day.

I just recently finished and applied my profile on Upwork; how can I know if I have been approved?

Regards,
Kim
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joanna Kim,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi guys,

I signed up on the website as a freelancer on Sunday and then received an email saying "We will notify you of our decision by email within 24 hours." but I didn't receive anything yet.

Actually, every time I open my Upwork account it shows my "Create your profile" page with my details.

As I'm new, I don't know - it really takes that long?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, the 24 hour email interval is more honored in the breach than the observance.
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
hawktulu
Community Member

Hi, I've created my profile on 16.10 and I have same problem as Matt. I submitted it for review 3x times (city update and send for update). But still i see create profile page.

Can you please look at it?

Thanks

Hi Lukas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket/email as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have benn stuck on this "create profile" page for about 5 days now, I have been clicking "Review Application" numerous times but it doesn't let me get access to the upowrk website with the job offers. What do I do? 

Peter - Your application has not yet been approved and you are therefore unable to make proposals to jobs.

Hi Peter,

Looks like you just recently successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, would just like to inquire if my account has already been approved. I am able to submit proposals however, I am unable to see identity verification and my account had been inactive for couple of years.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark Mikhail,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

It doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Simranjeet, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope these help. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

I wanted to know my profile has been approved or not

Hi Nilesh,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I haven't received an email about my profile application - how do I know if I've been accepted?

Hi Cameron,

Your account has already been accepted and you have already sent a few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I hope every one is doing good.

I wanted to request review my account.

Kindly let me know if you need the account information and I shall send you the details accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Bikash Debnath

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bikash,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! How do I know if my upwork profile is approved? I checked on my email and I did not get any mail regarding the approval or decline of my upwork profile! Any insights will sure help. Thanks!! 

Hi Ian,

I can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

I just want to know my profile is activated or not?

Hi Pasan,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?

Hi Arif,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan.

Can't create profile because when I put in my UK address, one of the fields is greyed out and doesnt allow text entry (street) but upon submitting the form, it returns an error saying it cannot continue without that field.Please fix.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander,

I checked this for you and it looks like you were able to submit your profile for the review and it was already accepted. 

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I submitted my profile for review over a week ago and have had no response. It still says Under Review. Can I call Upwork?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths