🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account not approved yet
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Ken,

I checked with the team and they requested that you please check your Employment History. When they reviewed your profile, some entries are all in capital letters. Once you have updated it, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Profile updated- pls review

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you for following up. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I recently created my account. I haven't recieved an answer to whether or not my account has been approved. Where can I see this information? I've been able to submit proposals and my account seems to have regular functionality. Sorry if this question has been asked many times. I appreciate your help.

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

If you're able to send proposals, then it means your profile is approved. Happy Upworking!!

Thank you for your reply. Have a wonderful day.

Caleb

Hello,

How can I know if my account is approved or not?

For how long shall I wait to know?

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Demiana,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for your help

Hi! I just created my profile and I didn't get a confirmation page or anything so I wanted to make sure all is ok/saved (don't want to spend another hour putting all my employment history...). Thanks so much for your help!

The message I get on the top of the page is: 

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

And this is what I see at the bottom of the page:

See what your profile will look like to prospective clients if your application to join is approved.
Review | Create a client account instead | Delete account 

Hi Markus,

Your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I have applied about 4 days ago I still haven't gotten a response yet. May I ask what could lead to a delay?

Hi Kamohelo,

Your application haven't been submitted for a review. Please add your city in the "City" field and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I just did thank you.

Hello, 

I would like to inquire on how long it takes to approve an account. I applied on October 24th and I am yet to receive any feedback. Kindly assist. 

Regads, 

Watiri. 

Hi Watiri,

Your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your full address and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Once your application is submitted for a review it can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi community. During signingup process, I stuck on /introduce-yourself/ page. I filled all fields with information and I have button "Review application". After clicking on it it redirects me back with no errors. I tried different browser with no luck. I happends alredy several days.

How can I move further? Thanks

Hi Artem,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. Then add your city in the "City" field and submit it for a review. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. I tried different browsers, also I tried to clear cache. But no luck

Thank you for the follow up Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your application.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to resubmit my profile for review but I don't know what is wrong in my profile??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diksha,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you just recently regarding your account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern and follow up with our team if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I created my profile a week ago, but it hasn't been approved yet. When I log in, I can only see my profile and this message:

"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."

Can somebody help me with this? How long does it normally take for a profile to be accepted/rejected?

Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ulises Luis,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ulisesfc
Community Member

Thanks! I had to use a different browser, but I was finally able to upload my profile.

Hi, 

How will I know if my profile has been approved or not? 
Is there a badge or something given by Upwork?

Thank you.
Waiting for a response. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Numrah, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, it's about to be 24 hours since I signed up at Upwork, and I'm not sure if my account has been approved or not. How will I know? Thanks. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fiona, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Joanne, My profile has been under review , could you please help me? I am in need to work in UpworK. I will really appreciate your help

Who is Joanne?  How long has it been since you submitted your completed profile?

Hi, my profile is under review. I submitted my complete profile 24 hours ago. Please let me know when can I get a response over my profile. I am eager to work on Upwork as soon as possible. Request you to look into the matter soon. Thanks.

Mansi S wrote:
Hi, my profile is under review. I submitted my complete profile 24 hours ago. Please let me know when can I get a response over my profile. I am eager to work on Upwork as soon as possible. Request you to look into the matter soon. Thanks.

It takes about 24 hours so give it a bit more time.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mansi and Aditya,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Is id is approved or not because i'm wating for 2 days and i don't get any email from upwork so how can i know my id is approve or not?

How Much Time You Take To Approve?

Thanks!

Regards

Hamza Lachi

Hi Hamza,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about your account status. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Asfand,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket with more information regarding your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

It has been more than 1 week since i sent my application for review! Can i know the status of my application please!

Hi Prakriti,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths