🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello,

I submitted my account for review today but I havn't received a feedback if my account is under review or if I am approved. The attached screenshot shows up on top of my feed.

How can I confirm the status of my appilcation?

Thanks

upwork.JPG

Hi Faihaa,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have created my profile today and after creating it successfully when i opened my profile there was no message of " your profile is under review". What does it mean? whether it has been approved or nott?

How do you know there should be a message letting you know the profile is under review?

My brother works at this platform so I asked him and he said that i will recieve an email untill then a message i mentioned will remain there

Can you tell me that my account is approved or not?

Yes, you are an official Auto Acceptedcel.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wajeeha,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just wanted to see if my account application has been approved. I submitted an application and have not recieved an email either way as to whether it was approved or rejected. And I don't see any sort of pending flag on my profile. Any support is greatly appreciated.

Another Auto Acceptedcel. It's good to see that you put effort into your profile for Auto Accepted status.

Hey Jennifer, thanks for the response. Just to confirm, are you saying that my application has been accepted? Thanks.

Michelle W wrote:

Hey Jennifer, thanks for the response. Just to confirm, are you saying that my application has been accepted? Thanks.

Your account was auto accepted, so yes.

Hi , How can I know if my account got Approved ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Feel free to start sending proposals on projects. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I cant able to update my profile. It is asking for the street address, but I can't able to fill up. Please help me in this issue.

Hi Hemalatha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

It has been over 48 hours since my profile was submitted but still its under review.

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile is accepted and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I created my account last October 31. It hasn’t been approved until now. Kindly check.

Thanks!

Hi Princess,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, i want to work and I created my account exactly a week ago. I uploaded as much information as I could but still could not get approved. I was not rejected, my account just hasn't been reviewed yet.

So I wonder, how much time does it normally take for approval?

Thank you for your answers 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matas,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet.  You didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page. Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks. all good now!

May I know if application is approved?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amiel Richie,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there, 

I am not getting any email even after 24 hours and everytime I log in to upwork.com it takes me to the create profile page and shows "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."

Can you let me know the current status of my account?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi Jobayed, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you just recently submitted it for the team's review.The team will now proceed with reviewing your account and you should know your account registration's status within 24 to 48-hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am trying to send my profile for review by clicking the "Review Application" button but it sends me back to profile page and nothing happens. I tried to clear cache and change browser but it did not work.

Can anyone help me?

Hi Giovanni,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kilian, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration was accepted. Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I'm Natcha. I was wondering how long it will take for my account to get approved please? A client in Upwork would like to hire me for a Thai transaltion project and he asked me for my account url. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Natcha

Hi Natcha,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Cheers! Thank you!

Hello,

May i please ask, how long does it take for an account to be approved?

Cheers.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mentor,

It can take up to 48 hours for the review to be completed.
Please keep in mind that your name needs to be your full legal name and you will need to upload a profile photo from yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your reply, i've provided with my ID, another issue is with VAT! I added my vat ID and i got an email that could not be verified. You have no form to upload our VAT list issued by our GOV! Upwork marked my bank account as mismatched which you didn't even checked it, so i have had to submit a ticket with a proof that it is my account. Did you guys even check some informations, or you just do to the members, "1. it's legit, 2. it's not legit"!

Cheers.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mentor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Upwork team, I would like to know if my account has been approved

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths