🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: profile is under review
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi

It’s been more than a week since I created my profile but my profile has yet not been approved. Please let me know the reason for the delay.

Hi Mansi,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Joanne, could you please have a look at the status of mine too? I have been waiting for close to a week

Hi Daniel,

Your profile is currently under review. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there!
Sir I am here to ask that what is current status of my profile? Is my profile approved or not? Please also mention about the connects info that in how much time do i get my connects? Is there a specific time? Also need to know that in how much time does my Projects take time to be approved?
Thank you!

Hi Arslan,

I checked and can confirm that your profile is approved. You may want to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start:

Regarding receiving Connects, after their registration is accepted, a new freelancer receives 20 free Connects to help get them started. Please know that the Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. Some background information: Connects system on Upwork was updated a year ago and you can read more about that change in this Community AnnouncementThis can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. To learn more about acceptable billing methods please read this help article

While the quoted review time is within five business days, we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. We truly appreciate your patience through this process. Feel free to check this help article for more information about Project Catalog. 

Please note that Upwork’s Terms of Use require that you accurately represent yourself. This includes having a profile picture that looks like you. For more information about profile pictures, you can check this help article.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
042d9dd0
Community Member

I have created profile yesterday but not received any email of approval but its not even showing on upwork that my profile is under review or rejected. When i went in job feeds i am able to bid project as well. I am confused if my profile is approved or not? Should i wait for email to get confirmation or start bidding projects? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neetu,

Your account has been accepted. To help you get started, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have created profile today but not received any email of approval but its not even showing on upwork that my profile is under review. When i went in job feeds i am able to bid project as well. I am confused if my profile is approved or not? Should i wait for email to get confirmation or start bidding projects? 

Hi Nitish,

Yes your profile is approved and you can continue sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your response

The system is not allowing me to go onto the next steps because it says the address field is missing; however, it will not allow me to type in that field. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Jess,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with completing your application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, good morning, I created my profile for two days and I still have not received any information, is there a minimum waiting time for the profile to be approved?

I'm seriously thinking about working hard on upwork and would like to start it as soon as possible.

Thank you and a good continuation. 😉

@Ilya S wrote:

Hi, good morning, I created my profile for two days and I still have not received any information, is there a minimum waiting time for the profile to be approved?

I'm seriously thinking about working hard on upwork and would like to start it as soon as possible.

It looks like you may not have actually submitted your profile for review, which might be a great opportunity to make it a lot (!) stronger before you do. You don't even have a portfolio!

Every day thousands of people try to join Upwork, the vast majority are not accepted. An "OK" profile isn't enough these days.

Hello, I have a portfolio and I try add it, when I try review application, nothing append.

Hi Ilya,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application? If you`re unable to submit the application after this let me know what type of browsers did you used and I will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I normaly use opera and chrome for fix webdesign issues, but I try torch and it works.

Who long it will take to get my approved profile?

Hi Heurixtics,

It typically takes between 24 to 48 hours to review your application and we will notify you via email if your application is approved or declined.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I am trying to submit my application but there is no option to do so. Furthermore, there is no option to add my portfolio. I have tried logging in from Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.

All of these days I have been waiting, thinking that my application was submitted but I have stumbled on this thread right now and I am very confused about what is happening. Please, help. 

Hi Miruna,

I just checked your profile and it was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I just created a freelancer account. I have read above thread. There is no option to add portfolio in my profile. I have years of experience and want to showcase my work. Can you please guide me how and where can I add the portfolios?

Hi Surender,

Once you have submitted your application for a review you will be taken to a new window and will be able to add portfolio items.

To add a project to your portfolio:

1. Go to Find Work  Profile
  2. Scroll down to the Portfolio section and click the Add (+) button
  3. Enter the details of the project and select Publish Project

You can also check out our Online Course for New Freelancers and download our free eBook with tips from the pros on how to make your profile stand out. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I had submitted my profile yesterday and I stumbled upon this article, as I was researching on why my application was not activated. I have submitted now. So would it take another 24 hours? Please advice.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes up to 48 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for the fast response.
d_veliu
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to submitt my account and been waiting for some days now but no answer. I thought my account was submitted and have to wait but it seems like not. Can i have some help please with acceptance of my account if possible?

I have been waiting to start woring on upwork for some days now,i can't wait to start hoping i have the solution here.

Thank you! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
I thought u submitted my application 1-2 days ago but I got no notification regarding its approval or disapproval so I found this article.
Im very confused, once I press “Review Application” a window pops up telling me to either upload my resume or fill it in manually. When I press fill it manually it takes me right back to the application form where everything is already filled in except my city.

Please help

HI, My pprofile still showing if your application to join upwork is accepted and it has been 04 days already....How much time further??

Hi Nader,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My profile has not approved nor declined since my submission on the 23rd September 2019. It’s been almost one month.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiroko,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hirojapan
Community Member

Thank you very much. I have cleared cache and have input a little more
information and pressed "Review Application".
As I am not sure which required info is missing as I cannot find mandatory
info mark or anything, if I am still missing info, could you please specify
which one I need to fill out? (I filled out almost everything).
Could you please confirm if my status is "being reviewed"?

Thank you. Regards.

Hi Hiroko,

You will need to add your city in the City field as well and submit your application for review. If you`re still experiencing any problems after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear team

I m unable to resubmit profile it's showing again and again the check error but all tabs filled

Thanks
Bharti

Hi Bharti,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes up to 48 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Is my account approved? If no, how can I get approved then?

Hi Hamza,

Yes, your profile was accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths